• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Joe Nall 2016 = QUIET!!!

ExtraNuts

70cc twin V2
View attachment 24590
I didn't think that not doing full throttle passes and ripping the prop was such a performance deterring factor, seems pretty simple really.
I agree but what is simple is reading properly the words I posted,:lol2: because that's not what I said at all....... I said adding 2-3 lbs for cans and headers and 3 blade props are performance reducing. Wouldn't you agree?

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
I agree but what is simple is reading properly the words I posted,:lol2: because that's not what I said at all....... I said adding 2-3 lbs for cans and headers and 3 blade props are performance reducing. Wouldn't you agree?

Absolutely, sorry wasn't copying you directly. Someone on the other thread talking about this posted about all the weight and money needed to comply as well.

CEThomas

50cc
Good God,

For anyone that can remember, the move to Woodruff was due to complaints from neighbors in Greenville. Joe Nall 2000,2001 and 2002 had a lot of talk about this subject and I was quite surprised that it took this long. They want quite using whatever you need to make things quite. Some can get by with making adjustments on the left stick, some a 3 blade prop, cans or all of the above.

50%plane

30cc
Good! I love ripping a prop, but that doesn't mean that I can't be respectful when flying at locations that have noise issues.

ExtraNuts

70cc twin V2
Absolutely, sorry wasn't copying you directly. Someone on the other thread talking about this posted about all the weight and money needed to comply as well.
I gave you the benefit of the doubt bro. I knew that you understood the benefits of keeping it "lite". Just wanted to clarify.

garlandk

100cc
Triple Tree is doing what is best for them. They want this airshow to go on for many many years so even your kids can enjoy it in their future. It stinks we are singled out but we are closer to the neighbors and it is a 3D flight line...not a full throttle red bull air race circuit. Our planes have so much power that there is no need to go full throttle except for maybe a vertical upline... I don't even fly much anymore when I do go to Joe Nall, because I would rather take time and talk to friends and help others out in this industry. Joe Nall is not all about flying it is more about meeting your friends and having a great time with each other. The Triple Tree staff and Mr. Pat have done a lot of work to get this facility where it is now and the least we can do is be respectful and go easy on the left stick, and make better prop choices. Three blade props and canisters do help, but you can still rip a prop with that setup. I challenge everyone to just relax about this issue as we have almost a whole year to think about it and just this one time out of the year work on your throttle management.

One Youth Masters I brought my 120cc Yak 55 out with a DA-120 and 2 blade prop. They wanted a three blade prop on there for me to fly it for fun and I installed a three bladed prop. Not sure if Mr. Pat remembered this but he asked me if I had canisters in my plane and I told him no and he was amazed how quiet a plane can be without canisters. This was a DA-120 on stock mufflers and a three blade.