• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Sport JTEC RADIOWAVE 26% Pitts Model 12

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Hey Rob,

You need to get yourself a little Red Head to help out the red stripe down the fuselage. . . . . . . . :laughing:.

The Pitts is going to be AWESOME, Buddy
Hmmm!!!!
pondering-and-thinking-smiley-emoticon.gif

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
He does not believe in small red heads. Only 220 and up. But could put in that small red head we all looked at a little time back. I delive it was a 110 csi or something like that sure Stang will remember.

Hey @Snoopy1,

I remember that 110 XI CS too. The only problem is that Rob would have to add a hefty amount of structural support to his wings to ensure they will stay attached to the fuselage. . . . . . . :laughing:

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Just a little done today everyone. I finished the pin stripe on the right side of the fuse. It looks pretty good.

20170103_130333.jpg

I also finished the top of the lower wings and ailerons.

20170104_015628.jpg

I am very pleased with the wings thus far. I had my doubts on the extentions I built on the wings. But they covered ever so nicely! I would like to start covering the top wing center section and recover the interplane struts tomorrow. I think I have enough red left to do that much. I would also like to get the trim done on the lower wing. The new roll of red was shipped today so perhaps by this weekend it will be here and I can finish up the top wing. A lot will depend on time. We have received another 4" of snow today and still snowing. Ugh...at present we've had nearly 18-20 inches in the last 4 weeks. I am so tired of snow! Lol.

More to come....

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
I am also in the process of covering a plane but using Ultracoat but have difficulty putting Ultracoat over Ultracoat. Hard time sealing the edges and getting rid of the tiniest bubble. What you you think off. I like Ultracoat and can cover a plane pretty good with it, so cover the with Ultracoat and then trim it with Monocote. Then I can water with some ammonia and not fight the bubbles and sealing the edges smooth. Your help would appreciate.