Welcome To GiantScaleNews.com

GSN is the BEST in an RC online community. Less corporate BS and more down home fun. Better conversations with REAL RC'ers. Don't settle for the biggest when you can have the best!
  1. If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Sport JTEC RADIOWAVE 26% Pitts Model 12

Discussion in 'Giant / Scale Scratch and Kit Build Threads' started by stangflyer, Sep 28, 2016.

1. HRRC Flyer

HRRC Flyer GSN Sponsor Tier 1

Hey Rob,

You need to get yourself a little Red Head to help out the red stripe down the fuselage. . . . . . . . :laughing:.

The Pitts is going to be AWESOME, Buddy

ChickenBalls and stangflyer like this.
  2. stangflyer

stangflyer I like 'em "BIG"!

Hmmm!!!! pondering-and-thinking-smiley-emoticon.gif

3. Snoopy1

Snoopy1 150cc

Canada
    He does not believe in small red heads. Only 220 and up. But could put in that small red head we all looked at a little time back. I delive it was a 110 csi or something like that sure Stang will remember.

stangflyer likes this.
  4. HRRC Flyer

HRRC Flyer GSN Sponsor Tier 1

Hey @Snoopy1,

I remember that 110 XI CS too. The only problem is that Rob would have to add a hefty amount of structural support to his wings to ensure they will stay attached to the fuselage. . . . . . . :laughing:

Snoopy1 and stangflyer like this.
  5. stangflyer

A 110cc Red Head on a 50cc stick built airframe..... hmm! Coooooool!!! Let's do it. shocked-smiley-emoticon.gif

pawnshopmike, Snoopy1 and HRRC Flyer like this.
  6. Xpress

Xpress GSN Sponsor Tier 1

Me likey!!! :yesss:

stangflyer and Snoopy1 like this.
  7. stangflyer

Just a little done today everyone. I finished the pin stripe on the right side of the fuse. It looks pretty good.

20170103_130333.jpg

I also finished the top of the lower wings and ailerons.

20170104_015628.jpg

I am very pleased with the wings thus far. I had my doubts on the extentions I built on the wings. But they covered ever so nicely! I would like to start covering the top wing center section and recover the interplane struts tomorrow. I think I have enough red left to do that much. I would also like to get the trim done on the lower wing. The new roll of red was shipped today so perhaps by this weekend it will be here and I can finish up the top wing. A lot will depend on time. We have received another 4" of snow today and still snowing. Ugh...at present we've had nearly 18-20 inches in the last 4 weeks. I am so tired of snow! Lol.

More to come....

WMcNabb, Xpress, Maxwell1945 and 4 others like this.
  8. Pistolera

Pistolera HEY!..GET OUTTA MY TREE!

Yes those tips look beautiful. Sounds like ya got lots of time, weather wise, to work on her. :cheers:

Maxwell1945 and stangflyer like this.
  9. Snoopy1

Snoopy1 150cc

Canada
    I am also in the process of covering a plane but using Ultracoat but have difficulty putting Ultracoat over Ultracoat. Hard time sealing the edges and getting rid of the tiniest bubble. What you you think off. I like Ultracoat and can cover a plane pretty good with it, so cover the with Ultracoat and then trim it with Monocote. Then I can water with some ammonia and not fight the bubbles and sealing the edges smooth. Your help would appreciate.

10. Pistolera

Pistolera HEY!..GET OUTTA MY TREE!

Best I've ever had UC cover and stick well over itself is to "woodpecker" the heck out of the lower layer. Then the air has a place to go.

stangflyer and Snoopy1 like this.