• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Sport JTEC RADIOWAVE 26% Pitts Model 12

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Thanks guys.... I decided to use the Gorilla. I think it "tacks" just a tad quicker. I was able to get the Pitts on the table and jig today. I started by disassembling the prefit parts. Who says your dinner table is for eating meals? hee hee....
After separating all the required parts for the beginning steps, I started with the motor box sides and associated parts and canister support. It's been a very long time since I actually assembled a plane from sticks, so I am taking my time to make sure I do this right. I did find myself confused once or twice, but it didn't take long to figure things out. I now have the major fuse construction framed up and all joints are glued in place. I am quite impressed of how everything is lining up so darned straight after this thing sitting in a box for so long. With the supplied jig for the fuse and the wings, A guy would have to try really hard to get this fuse twisted or crooked. Hey, this thing is coming right along. I need to get a few supplies tomorrow to finish the fuse framing and then on to the wings.

I do have one question to the guys that have built this plane. The rear fuse side panels will be next to be placed. But I am a little lost on this step. Can someone tell me if the "rear fuse sides" glue "ON" and flush with the top of the rear fuse longeron? Or do they actually glue "under" and flush with that same longeron? According to the photo in the manual, it looks as though they are to be glued "under". But they just really do not have a good fit putting them in as such. If however you lay them against the side of the longeron from F7 to the trailing edge for the fin, they seem to fit quite nicely. Can someone give me a little direction?

Here are a few photos of todays progress.
20161009_113416.jpg
20161009_113906.jpg
20161009_115007.jpg
20161009_195816.jpg
20161009_195827.jpg
20161009_195855.jpg
20161009_195903.jpg
20161009_195938.jpg

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Thanks guys.... Who says your dinner table is for eating meals? hee hee....

Hey Rob,

I think this should have been added to your post;

"This option is only available for those of us who are unmarried. If you are married, try this at your own risk."

:laughing:.

I hope you don't have the same issues with your canopy that others have had. @Wacobipe can fill you in. Keep up the great work. . . :yesss: