• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Sport JTEC RADIOWAVE 26% Pitts Model 12

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Thank you all so so very much. Truthfully, it was the loyalty and devotion of all you awesome gents that helped make this a "soaring" success. The belief and confidence you all put in me was amazing. This really did turn out much better than I believed it would a few months ago. I am just really pleased the hard part is over and I can now enjoy the oh so sweet nectar of the fruits of my labor. I am going to fly this plane "A LOT" this year.

Now, the flight report. As with any "dub", the 70 twin ran like a jeweled movement watch. No David, she didn't miss a single beat. My heart skipped a few beats though when she lifted off. Not fear or apprehension. More of ecstatic joy. As you all can see in the video, she lifted off clean and definitely with plenty of stability. First of three flights was basically familiarization. She is quite nose heavy, as expected. But I'd much rather maiden a nose heavy plane than a tail heavy plane. All the same, other than approach and landing, she flew really well. Much more stabil than any other 50cc plane I've flown. Oh but watch out. She'll drop like a rock when that little beasty dub is pulled back to idle. I figure once I redistribute the balance, she will slow down much better and float a lot more. Still, a couple of clicks of elevator and aileron and she was tracking pretty good. Of the three flights I put on her today, the third and final flight was much more relaxing and I managed to slow her down pretty good and didn't have to kill the dub before touch down. It is a whole new style of flying for me on the Pitts. All things considered, I think I am going to really enjoy this plane a lot. Short summation, she's a keeper. Now I want a big 41%. Lol.

Thank you again everyone. I've really enjoyed and appreciated everyone's input, advice, suggestions, and continued support.

It has been an awesome R.C. day for me. Maiden in the morning, and test run the 212 powered Behemoth Yak this afternoon. What an awesome way to spend your day off from work!

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Congrats Rob! Very glad to hear all went well. You did a beautiful job on the Pitts. There is nothing like the feeling that "I built that thing". In these days of Arfs, a lot of people never get to feel that since of pride. Hopefully this site with threads like this, will get a few more people to build something.

I'll be maidening mine in the next few weeks, and I hope everything goes as well as yours.
Doug

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
You are so right. I feel my biggest apprehension was all the many hours building and setting up and painting. For about two hours after the maiden, I kept catching myself silently saying, "how about that"?! And smiling the whole time. And giggling to myself. I have to wonder if strangers passing by pondered my sanity and maybe even questioned if I am a bit "touched"! Well yes I am, thank you very much. It has been an awesome and complete RC day. Thank you Doug...for everything. I've zero doubts your scratch build will be every bit of majestic. I'll be keeping tabs on your thread.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Woooooohooooooooo! Congrats Rob! Awesome job! Hope you continue to enjoy her. An absolute pleasure following along. Thank you for sharing with us all your trials and tribulations. Most of all the pinnacle moment! Thanks!!
double-thumbs-up-smiley-emoticon.gif

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Congrats Rob! Very glad to hear all went well. You did a beautiful job on the Pitts. There is nothing like the feeling that "I built that thing". In these days of Arfs, a lot of people never get to feel that since of pride. Hopefully this site with threads like this, will get a few more people to build something.

I'll be maidening mine in the next few weeks, and I hope everything goes as well as yours.
Doug
Speaking of building. I have put off far too long at getting around to starting the build on my 112" Don Smith Mustang. Maybe now that the Pitts is done and I can actually see that I can still build a flyable plane, maybe it is time to get started on it huh? Still have not decided on the engine I want for it though. As much as I really really, "REALLY" want a four cylinder Kolm up front, I have had such great success with all my Dubs. I may lean towards the 110cs inline twin for it. Anyway, that is what is on the slate for future builds first.