• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Kennett Missouri 3D Bash

AKfreak

150cc
I am all mixed up. you see when you don't go, you have to try to play detective to determine who is who. So Blake owns the Mnt. Dew plane, I see. Also your friend with the Pilot Edge called the Carbon Edge, that looks fantastic! Did he do a build thread anywhere?

bruceman

50cc
Hi AK,

I am the owner of the Carbon EDGE. Sorry, there is no thread for the build. The EDGE only flew once at Kennett, There has been a dead stick problem with the DA60, she dead sticked, came in like a missile and tweaked the landing gear. Pretty sure the issue is resolved now after I got it home. I'm glad you like the Carbon EDGE.

gyro

GSN Contributor
Hi AK,

I am the owner of the Carbon EDGE. Sorry, there is no thread for the build. The EDGE only flew once at Kennett, There has been a dead stick problem with the DA60, she dead sticked, came in like a missile and tweaked the landing gear. Pretty sure the issue is resolved now after I got it home. I'm glad you like the Carbon EDGE.

Bruce, maybe you can start a thread and put up any pics you took during the build, and we can follow you and the planes progress. It sure is beautiful!

SnowDog

Trust me, it's worth it...Bruce pays attention to every detail...the Carbon Edge looks like a show plane...inside and out.

he is really quite the craftsman/artist

now that he's got a good JR connector on his ignition, maybe the plane will actual run and stay running!
[MENTION=151]bruceman[/MENTION], inquiring minds want to know (and see)... :)

bruceman

50cc
I'll go through my picture folder on my computer and try to start a build thread. Not sure what I have for pictures but may be able to explain some of the build enough to give everyone some ideas. Thanks guy's for the interest and the compliments.

AKfreak

150cc
Thanks [MENTION=151]bruceman[/MENTION] for taking time to respond. First off let me say WOW! Amazing is an understatement. I really love the way you finished the plane. Your attention to detail is amazing. I would love to hear all about this fine build. In order to better understand, I hope you don't mind if I ask some specific questions.

The carbon panels you used to trim the inside of the plane, what thickness are they?

Do those carbon panels come out easily? That is to say, can they be removed to do post flight inspections and access the hidden aeras of the plane?

I know Carbon Fiber rejects radio waves, what Receiver do you use, and is there any signal/range loss?

When you cut those panels, what tools do you use, and how to you avoid breathing the dust?

That Artwork is incredible, at first I thought it was a prototype plane from Pilot, did you design the artwork?

Can you speak to the weights of the plane (whats the AUW)?

How much added weight did all the panels, paint and graphics add to the AUW?

When you do your thread, it would be interesting to see how you keep all the panels in place, and what it looks like under them if they are removable.

Sorry for all the questions, its not often one has a chance to pick the brain of such a skilled modeler. Thanks so much for your time.