• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Krill 39% Ultimate 300KS Assembly And Paint

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
I built a mount for the SWB rudder servo tray out of scrap carbon balsa sandwich. It's just tacked together with CA right now since I am out of Hysol. I don't know exactly where it's going to sit in the fuselage yet.

20181208_204925_resized.jpg
20181208_204233_resized.jpg
20181209_172458_resized.jpg

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
This may be a stupid question but I am curious. Are you going to contour it to be bottom? Look's great by the way!

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Pretty much the only mount of any type included with this Krill was a fuel tank tray. Composite ARF airplanes are a little more compete.
Looking at the carbon sandwich is it balsa in between the two layers of carbon. Do you prefer building with carbon instead of light ply or do just like it for the looks. Must say it does looks nice. Where do get it and is it expensive. One I have found working with carbon it takes the edge of everything in a hurry. Cutting a solid piece of carbon plate 1/8 thick 18 inches long and the bandsaw blade was done for.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Looking at the carbon sandwich is it balsa in between the two layers of carbon. Do you prefer building with carbon instead of light ply or do just like it for the looks. Must say it does looks nice. Where do get it and is it expensive. One I have found working with carbon it takes the edge of everything in a hurry. Cutting a solid piece of carbon plate 1/8 thick 18 inches long and the bandsaw blade was done for.
It's stronger, light, and similar to what's in the rest of the airplane. The stuff I have came from Carf.