• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Krill 39% Ultimate 300KS Assembly And Paint

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
So I'm assuming your going to replace them with a stronger and better fitting cover! lol..
That depends, if I stare at them too long I'll talk myself into using a right and left and make a plug to mold my own in fiberglass. So, I'm doing my best to ignore them. Whether I'll be successful ignoring them is a different story entirely. :oblong:

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Looks like you are just as bad as me can never leave it as is always changing things and making it better and easier to fix later. It’s like me build this Delta I have changed and fixed small and big things as I build the plane continually, that is why it always takes me twice as long to buil everything. Sorry to say love doing it.
I here ya. I've bought a few used airplanes and I'm never happy until I remove everything but the covering and re-do it all to suit me.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
So, I really think I looked at those covers too long. I really think you need to build molds and make left and right covers and top and bottom wing covers and.....:lol2:
Right there with ya brother. If I look at something that annoys me too long, it gets changed. Some things I just do not like right from the git go. (The Velox canopy/hatch cover) Other things keep nagging at me. Ya know? Like the other half yap yap yappin' and nag nag naggin' in the kitchen. Pretty soon you just want to go
slapping-penguin-smiley-emoticon.gif Shaddup already will ya? LOL

I am certain what ever you decide to do or come up with, it will be as usual. Amazing....

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
So, I really think I looked at those covers too long. I really think you need to build molds and make left and right covers and top and bottom wing covers and.....:lol2:
Right there with ya brother. If I look at something that annoys me too long, it gets changed. Some things I just do not like right from the git go. (The Velox canopy/hatch cover) Other things keep nagging at me. Ya know? Like the other half yap yap yappin' and nag nag naggin' in the kitchen. Pretty soon you just want to go
View attachment 107097 Shaddup already will ya? LOL

I am certain what ever you decide to do or come up with, it will be as usual. Amazing....
Thanks!

The list of projects on this thing is as long as my arm so that will also have a lot to do with what happens to these covers. Plus I really want to build something for myself too this winter, so time is an issue.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Last night I made and glued the reinforcements into the servo bays on top wing like I did on the lowers. I didn't bother with pictures since they would look identical to the ones I already posted.

I decided to test and see just how bad the servo cover for the upper wing and the wing strut interfere with each other. It will work if I trim it, but I wish they would have put a bit more thought into it.

20181130_221910_resized.jpg
20181201_194052.jpg

All of the servo wiring for the top wing is completely hidden. It goes through the bottom wing, up through the outer strut, and into the top wing. The problem with that is you'll need to feed the wire through the strut every time you assemble it. I think I'm going to take a piece of carbon fiber rod I have and attach a servo plug to the end with shrink tubing. It should be easy to feed that through the strut then plug it into the lead from the bottom wing, then pull it right through. That's the plan at this moment anyway.

pawnshopmike

Staff member
Last night I made and glued the reinforcements into the servo bays on top wing like I did on the lowers. I didn't bother with pictures since they would look identical to the ones I already posted.

I decided to test and see just how bad the servo cover for the upper wing and the wing strut interfere with each other. It will work if I trim it, but I wish they would have put a bit more thought into it.

View attachment 107104 View attachment 107105

All of the servo wiring for the top wing is completely hidden. It goes through the bottom wing, up through the outer strut, and into the top wing. The problem with that is you'll need to feed the wire through the strut every time you assemble it. I think I'm going to take a piece of carbon fiber rod I have and attach a servo plug to the end with shrink tubing. It should be easy to feed that through the strut then plug it into the lead from the bottom wing, then pull it right through. That's the plan at this moment anyway.
Not quite sure what they were thinking when they designed it that way. My guess is they weren't thinking at all. But I know you'll make it work and look great in the process.
:yesss:

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Yesterday after the glue on my wing skin reinforcements was hard I temporarily installed the servos in the top wing and tested them. There is no more flex on the top wing skin. Before I installed the servos I shortened the servo arms to 1 1/4". It only takes a few minutes and it looks so much better than part of the arm sticking up past the ball link.

In the afternoon I decided it was time to assemble the airplane and see how everything fits, and how hard the assembly is. It went together pretty well, but the lower wing bolts to the fuselage have to go. They need to be replaced with studs and nylon nuts of some kind. Since there are no alignment pins in the lower wings the single bolt on each side does everything. Getting the wing in just the right place for the bolt to start sucks. The bolts themselves are a plastic headed thumb screw. The head is so short that when you get close to the fuse side there is nothing for you fingers to grab to tighten it. I way worried the way they want you to wire the top aileron servos through the outer struts would be a pain, but I think it will work fine, and wont be too big a pain at the field.

One thing I did decide is this thing is BIG for a 120cc airplane. :yesss:

20181202_150751_resized.jpg
20181202_183101_resized.jpg
20181202_183105_resized.jpg