• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Krill Extra 330 LX building thread

Joe Hunt

150cc
Hey Taz!

I just started doing my wire mounting the same way. Works great!

Did the electronics and the fuel tanks.
I know it's not furetitude but I've ordered the V2 so till they'll come I'm going to use these.
The extensions for the Ele are 59".
Attached them with Velcro, it's handy and it's very easy to install and take off when needed.
Like I've said no switches at all.
For the ignition I've ordered the ignition cut off from SF.
I love it to be plain and simple.
View attachment 45247

Joe Hunt

150cc
Looks CLEAN, Taz! Fromeco does have one new product that you might like... they are doing a 3cell setup that regulates to 8.2volts constant. I was talking to them about maybe having it adjustable down to, lets say, 7.4volts constant, as well. That way most all servos would be happy with it. It uses a switching regulator for efficiency.

Here is like I would like it to look like.
It's not fixed yet so...
Fromeco got a hall of fame on my planes they make very good products.
Too bad they're not making some new innovative stuff any more.
View attachment 45262

Attachments

• 20151230_220912.jpg
    20151230_220912.jpg
    123 KB · Views: 255

TazmanianDevil

Xtreme by DeFinition !
@Joe Hunt wow i love it already.
I've always wanted my Savox servos to work with a native 8.2 V.
Question, if I'm using a 2 cell 5000 mAh batteries how mAh can I use with a 3 cell i.e. Can I now use 3000 and still get the same # of flights ?

TazmanianDevil

Xtreme by DeFinition !
No cooling fans I'm a NACA ducts fan.
If I'll see that the regs will need an extra cooling then ill cut them and install them in the fuse.

Joe Hunt

150cc
After talking with a friend that fly the LX I'm going to make some modifications to the gear block like using reinforcements with some carbon and epoxy.
It seems the split landing gear is making a lot of stress on the entire gear block structure so there are really three solutions,
1. Buying some high end carbon gear from chief for about 160$ with shipping
2. Reinforce the gear block structure and modify the landing gear.
3. Do 1&2.

Suggestions and comments are most welcome.

View attachment 46189

Yeah, that landing gear plate look like it was designed more for flying than for landing. haha