• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Lipo vs Li-Ion

ghoffman

70cc twin V2
The only battery I have puffed (besides the HK Nano Tech crap) was a LiFe when I tried to charge it at 5c! I really prefer the 8.4volts and on the 91 EF Extra, it needs the voltage. I am considering running 3S Lipo's with a Castle BEC Pro to regulate the voltage to 8.5 volts.

gyro

GSN Contributor
The only battery I have puffed (besides the HK Nano Tech crap) was a LiFe when I tried to charge it at 5c! I really prefer the 8.4volts and on the 91 EF Extra, it needs the voltage. I am considering running 3S Lipo's with a Castle BEC Pro to regulate the voltage to 8.5 volts.

Damn, you need some juice!

dth7

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
Daren, I've seen some TP puffed at the local field, with use at published 30c rating for under 10 cycles. I finally bought my first set to try in a 48" edge. I'll be keeping close notes on their performance.
It's hard for me to accept any puffing when I have other batts not puffing at all.

Especially at the cost of the TP. The Glaciers have been great and I'm looking forward to trying the yellow jackets.