• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

My Aerobeez Slick 540

Update with pix of graphix

Well as promised here are some pix of my slick with my custom designed graphix
The graphix turned out great to me,, the guys at the field really liked them too, made the plane POP!! does not look so plain now. THANKS B&E I have one more graphic coming from another guys who does awesome work also, it is my clubs logo in black, gonna put it on the rudder where all the white is..
SO HERE IT IS FELLAS feel free to let me know how much you like it, and if you don't,,,,,,,,,,POUND SAND JACK!!! just kiddin everyones opinion is welcome..
IMG_3222.jpgIMG_3220.jpgIMG_3218.jpgIMG_3209.jpgIMG_3221.jpgIMG_3219.jpgIMG_3210.jpgIMG_3208.jpg

Bandegraphix web site is awesome, it allows you to find what you like, then choose the colors, and see a real picture of your decal with the colors chose,, I did a lot of radiants in mine, but you can do solid colors,, ALSO their vinyl is awesome,, NO BUBBLES AT ALL
heres their site
http://www.bandegraphix.com/

I also wanted to put some stripes on the bottom of my wings and elevators as I was really struggling to see the bottom of the plane during high maneuvers, the yellow and white just kind of blended into the sky,,I used some black ultrakote that I had in the closet, I laid out the stripes and then ironed them on,, would have liked to make them wider but I used what I had, and it didn't cost me a dime,,,
It made a world of difference, plane is much easier to see, and orientation is clear to me now,, Happy with the way it turned out..
Here are some pix...
IMG_3224.jpgIMG_3215.jpgIMG_3216.jpgIMG_3205.jpg

gyro

GSN Contributor
Ronnie, aside from the fact it's not technically an AJ Slick 540, since I believe AJ only consulted on the 3DHS design, I really like the graphics! B&E does some awesome work :)
Adding the stripes on the underside of wings really helped with the contrast. I'm contemplating something similar on the 73" Yak we just got... There is the beautiful green on both the top and the bottom.

I really do like the lines on the airplane, very nice! What was the final weight like? I hope I can see it in person some time!

-G

im just wondering when they are going to release the version two peak already has it on there site... also I sure wish i could see one of these sitting beside the 3dhs slick just go get a a comparason

I know that aerobeez has at least one of the new ones, I have them on my facebook and they are building it,, it looks fantastic,, wish I would have known about the new scheme before I bought mine, I would have waited. The new one is also supposed to have sfg's on it. Cant complain though I love the one I have right now best flying airplane I have ever had...

Trying to make my decision on what to buy its between the redwing slick and the new aerobeez slick been building a redwing slick for a buddy and there are some things I dis like so I light go with the aerobeez

Trying to make my decision on what to buy its between the redwing slick and the new aerobeez slick been building a redwing slick for a buddy and there are some things I dis like so I light go with the aerobeez

I can honestly tell you I am brutal on mine,, high speed tumbles, Walls, and blenders, so far it has held up,, there are a few gripes i have on the plane

1.the engine box on both of my aerobeez planes was not up to par to me,, they absolutely need reinforced, I pinned and glassed mine, On my slick I was actually able to pop the triangle stock off, with a screwdriver. I sanded and epoxied new stock on, My engine aint going anywhere

2.the wood going around the outside of the hole where the wing slips in is paper thin, take some epoxy, thin it up a little and epoxy that wood, it will save you some grief in the long run

3.The wing tube is loose in the fuse and tight in the wings, a little sanding in the wings, and some tape on the tube fixes that up real quick

4.the cowl is a complete pain in the a--,, I had to make a tool to install it (a long 3/8 dowel with a hole in it, then a cut off ball end allen wrench, glued and taped to the dowel)

5. the wheel pants are plastic and junk,,fly with them until the break "wont be long" then choose a set from Chief aircraft 25$ (they are for pilot planes and are great quality)

6.The wheels that come with the plane are crap, get rid of them from the start, I use the hangar9 3.5 prolites and they work great and are light.

Those are the only gripes I have about the plane,, I love mine, and if I crashed it, I would not hesitate to buy another..

Last edited by a moderator: