• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Discussion My Favorite Charger. Pros & Cons

zmonster97

I have an iCharger 306B also and I love it! Very good charger and I like how small it is! It is pretty much the same size as my 50w charger! It fits in cases better than the PowerLabs.

joshgluck

100cc
Yeah man I run 2 deep cycles for field charging and a 1200w Efuel power supply @24v when there's mains power

Tell me more about the deep cycle setup? You run them in parallel or series? What do you charge when on batt power? Etc...

arayhorton

New to GSN!
Well, I been using a HK ECO - 6 200W & ECO-8 150 WATT for over two years. I've always kept looking for something better, that I could afford, thinking any day they would quit. I'm still looking but they are still working just fine and I fly and recharge a lot as well as cycle a lot of NiCad's for other club members. One cost $35 and the other $37 as I recall. If you can't afford the best, these are not bad.
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/...Bal_Dis_Cyc_Charger_w_acc_USA_Warehouse_.html

Last edited by a moderator:

Feral

Josh I charge every thing fro 2000mah nimh ignition packs to 6s 5000 heli packs off 2 deep cycle batts rigged up in series to get 24v

Steve_B

70cc twin V2
The powerlabs are excellent chargers, no mistake. If you have the money and you want the very best then you cant go wrong. However the Cellpro the price point is not for everyone and not everyone needs or can even use 40A output. At a lower price point the iChargers are nice units and for many people will do everything they need just as well as the Powerlab, but at lower cost.

I'm running the iCharger 3010b an it does all and more than I need or am ever likely to. I have to admit that the PL 8 has a bit more ability in a few areas but I'd not be able to make use of the extra performance, and here in the UK the icharger is a fair bit cheaper.

Last edited by a moderator:

zmonster97

I've got my eyes on an iCharger 4010 Duo. Dale from EP Buddy demoed it to me in Toledo and, although I never thought I would say this about a charger, it's darned sexy! I think one of them could make their way to my house when my next commission check arrives... :)

http://www.buddyrc.com/icharger-4010-duo.html

My buddy at my field has one of those. I've never seen it though as he keeps it at home and brings his two 3010B's to the field. He calls it the Nintendo! Lol.

njswede

150cc
Yeah, high resolution color screen is just a LITTLE overkill on a charger. But cool. And yes, it kind of looks like an old-school Nintendo.

zmonster97

Yeah, high resolution color screen is just a LITTLE overkill on a charger. But cool. And yes, it kind of looks like an old-school Nintendo.

Its an awesome charger though! Probably the best charger you can buy! You gotta find a really powerful power supply though. And be careful about blowing a circuit.:)