Welcome To GiantScaleNews.com

GSN is the BEST in an RC online community. Less corporate BS and more down home fun. Better conversations with REAL RC'ers. Don't settle for the biggest when you can have the best!
  1. If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale Nelitz 1/3 scale Cub build

Discussion in 'Giant / Scale Scratch and Kit Build Threads' started by dhal22, Feb 9, 2018.

1. dhal22

dhal22 GSN Sponsor Tier 1

Yes, I let her drive home.

pawnshopmike likes this.
  2. Snoopy1

Snoopy1 640cc Uber Pimp

Canada
    Know what you are talking about. The back bone on the 50cc profile I am building I did the same thing it takes a little practice and knowing when it is wet enough. It took me a few try’s before it worked. I had to keep reducing the thickness off the wood and kept making wetter until it conformed the shape I needed. But once it is done man is it strong and shape resistant. Looking good keep up the good work, nice to follow somebody do a kit build.

49dimes likes this.
  3. AKNick

AKNick 100cc

Alaska
    I had an older club member tell me about using the original Windex (with ammonia) to warp wood, it apparently softens the wood/glue temporary to let it curve better. I have not tried it. Being from Alaska, you use what you have lying around. You could probably pick up ammonia in a 5 gal bucket down in the con US for 2cents...

49dimes likes this.
  4. BalsaDust

BalsaDust Moderator

yes windex works better for bending the wood.

AKNick and 49dimes like this.
  5. dhal22

The curvature of the wing tip is not right at the leading edge so I tried soaking just the end. I found the rest of the curve straightening up on me while I soaked the end but how to keep the entire curve wet? I found a way.

20180407_165405.jpg

6. 49dimes

49dimes Damn I'm hungry

Now that's using your "head" Chief :attaboy:.

AKNick, dhal22 and pawnshopmike like this.
  7. Snoopy1

Snoopy1 640cc Uber Pimp

Canada
    Trust a plumber to think of that one. I like it and it works.

49dimes, dhal22 and pawnshopmike like this.
  8. dhal22

Yeah, and I got a failing flapper in that tank. One of my basement bathrooms so I haven't looked inside the toilet in years.

49dimes and Snoopy1 like this.
  9. dhal22

Lower trailing edge piece is wavy so cutting loose and repairing.

Attached Files:

49dimes and Snoopy1 like this.
  10. dhal22

More trailing-edge work.

20180415_093621.jpg 20180415_111656.jpg