Welcome To GiantScaleNews.com

GSN is the BEST in an RC online community. Less corporate BS and more down home fun. Better conversations with REAL RC'ers. Don't settle for the biggest when you can have the best!
  1. If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale Nelitz 1/3 scale Cub build

Discussion in 'Giant / Scale Scratch and Kit Build Threads' started by dhal22, Feb 9, 2018.

1. Snoopy1

Snoopy1 640cc Uber Pimp

Canada
    I have been looking at one, you seem to be very pleased with it. Is it variable seed. And if I may ask what is it about the sander that you like. I have a standard disc sander 6 inch with a belt it’s ok but not the best quality and the table sucks.

dhal22 likes this.
  2. dhal22

dhal22 GSN Sponsor Tier 1

Obviously very well made, heavy and very smooth and precise. Table is highly adjustable and locks at 5 degree increments.

Good point about variable speed, I've never thought of that. I have a standard disc and belt sander as well with poor quality and the table sucks also.

Snoopy1 likes this.
  3. dhal22 likes this.
  4. stangflyer

stangflyer I like 'em "BIG"!

Just getting caught up on your build. Wow, you have some really cool tools. I bet you are enjoying building the parts for the plane just as much as you are enjoying building the plane all together?!

49dimes and dhal22 like this.
  5. dhal22

Yes, was short a few parts and changed a few that were in the kit so I cut them myself. I would cut this kit from scratch but I will spend my efforts on scale work.

49dimes likes this.
  6. dhal22

In Florida this week watching spring training baseball so no cub progress.

7. dhal22

Working on some aileron hinge parts today. Trying to match the real hinge.

Az86389.jpg

20180325_211423.jpg

20180325_185710.jpg

8. dhal22

More hinge work.

20180325_181141.jpg

9. Snoopy1

Snoopy1 640cc Uber Pimp

Canada
    You really going all out on this one. The detail work is looking good. That is a nice thing that you have full scale close by it check copy and photograph.

49dimes likes this.
  10. Bartman

Bartman Defender of the Noob!

It's the detail work that separates the men from the other men. Then there's Roger and that's a whole other story!

Looking good :)