Welcome To GiantScaleNews.com

GSN is the BEST in an RC online community. Less corporate BS and more down home fun. Better conversations with REAL RC'ers. Don't settle for the biggest when you can have the best!
  1. If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale Nelitz 1/3 scale Cub build

Discussion in 'Giant / Scale Scratch and Kit Build Threads' started by dhal22, Feb 9, 2018.

1. dhal22

dhal22 GSN Sponsor Tier 1

Noticed my furthest inboard rib wasn't square so cut the trailing edge apart and redid it.

Attached Files:

2. dhal22

Thanks to your typical awesome person, I can touch up the covering. Big thanks to 'stangflyer for the repair pieces.

20180802_215833.jpg

3. stangflyer

stangflyer I like 'em "BIG"!

You are most welcome. That piece I sent you is really just a left over piece as you can see. If you need more....just let me know.

HRRC Flyer and dhal22 like this.
  4. stangflyer

After looking at that area again, I am starting to wonder if it wouldn't just be best to completely remove the wrinkled covering. In the past, I have seen Ultracoat that has been heated repeatedly and shrunk over and over become hard as the hubs of hell. I have tried to salvage pieces that have been overly heated and shrunk and seriously, there was nothing I could do about it. By completely cutting that bad section out, you eliminate the possibility of the wrinkle coming back..."under" the new sectioned in patch piece. I figure if it is going to have a patch either way, I would just remove the "affected" area and put down a clean patch. Just a thought....

dhal22 and Jetpainter like this.
  5. dhal22

1. Just realized I posted in the wrong thread

6. dhal22

Working my way around the 2nd wing tip today.

20180812_180440.jpg

7. Snoopy1

Snoopy1 640cc Uber Pimp

Canada
    Coming along one piece at a time. Looking good. What is that wrapped around the wing tip edge looks like white paper what is it for.

dhal22 likes this.
  8. dhal22

Soaking the spruce dowel, need to bend it up for the final 2 glue joints.

9. dhal22

Slowed down a bit here but still try to glue a piece or 2 weekly. Some progress today on the wing tip.

Attached Files:

10. stangflyer

What a really neat trick. I will have to remember that as it just may come in handy.

Snoopy1 likes this.