• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale Nelitz 1/3 scale Cub build

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Talking about kits I hope I have the name correct but a Paolo Severing cub kit has anyone seen one of these kits or built one. It is supposed to be the ultimate kit in scale.

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
Talking about kits I hope I have the name correct but a Paolo Severing cub kit has anyone seen one of these kits or built one. It is supposed to be the ultimate kit in scale.
The Paolo Severin is a replica of the full size, it is not close to scale but rather exact. I would not buy one as I could not cover it.
There is a guy that goes by Cubman on another forum that has drawn Cub and L4 plans that are as scale as it get's by normal standards. Here is his website, http://www.thecubden.org/store/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=3, go to plans.
I have the 1/4 Cub and L-4 plans and they are, simply put, unbelievable.

Last edited:

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
It is surprising to me how many people are building and flying Cubs. I never was too fond of them. They just seem so slow and lazy, I couldn't find an interest. Yet anymore I am starting to realize that they can actually be a lot of fun. Especially a really really really big one with a Kolm flat four banger.
26170403-Emoticon-drooling-Stock-Photo.jpg

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
It is surprising to me how many people are building and flying Cubs. I never was too fond of them. They just seem so slow and lazy, I couldn't find an interest. Yet anymore I am starting to realize that they can actually be a lot of fun. Especially a really really really big one with a Kolm flat four banger.
View attachment 107203
Little like you Stang had one Goaldburg cub put a lot of time and money into it but never really liked it and have never looked at another one. They are difficult to fly with any kind of wind or cross wind that I have to live with constantly.