Welcome To GiantScaleNews.com

GSN is the BEST in an RC online community. Less corporate BS and more down home fun. Better conversations with REAL RC'ers. Don't settle for the biggest when you can have the best!
  1. If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale Nelitz 1/3 scale Cub build

Discussion in 'Giant / Scale Scratch and Kit Build Threads' started by dhal22, Feb 9, 2018.

1. BalsaDust

BalsaDust Moderator

A fellow member of the Probro website and electrician like myself gave me a good tip and I have collected them since. When replacing the ballast in old flouresent fixtures cut the wires off and glue a piece of dollar store foam to the bottom of it.

pawnshopmike likes this.
  2. Alky6

Alky6 150cc

What is that (the ballast with foam) used for?

3. Alky6

Alky6 150cc

Progress is progress. Actually looks like you’re enjoying the build, which is most important anyway...

4. BalsaDust

BalsaDust Moderator

Weight to hold parts in place. I have found it is most useful when sheeting a wing as it covers a larger area and provides plenty of clamping pressure.

AKNick and Alky6 like this.
  5. Alky6

Alky6 150cc

Thank you.

6. dhal22

dhal22 GSN Sponsor Tier 1

I am enjoying the build but still have to stay on it to make progress. Sometimes just one piece inn the evening.

Alky6 likes this.
  7. dhal22

More progress, cutting landing gear pieces with my new bandsaw blade.

15725643958421118520356.jpg

AKNick, acerc, TonyHallo and 3 others like this.
  8. dhal22

Downside of mixing steel and wooden dowels is the heat. Cutting some burned wood out and replacing.

20191103_210914.jpg

20191103_211916.jpg

9. dhal22

Landing gear work held up by 1/4" steel shaft not sliding into 5/16 tubing like I was told so I ordered 3 and 4mm steel shaft. The 4mm fit perfectly.

20191112_221459.jpg

Alky6, pawnshopmike and Snoopy1 like this.
  10. TonyHallo

TonyHallo 70cc twin V2

You need a lathe!

dhal22 likes this.