• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale Nelitz 1/3 scale Cub build

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Just think of the Hostetler as a clipped wing. More aerobatic but still huge. Right up your alley. And you can even put a red head in it :)
So...... JUST DO IT!

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
if you dont want to make the trade the tell your buddy to drive on out to VA and I will trade with him for it. I gots a nice PAU Sukhoi that I'm most likely gonna part with this year.

Heck, I thought you sold that already? I probably will make the trade. We'll see.

BalsaDust

Heck, I thought you sold that already? I probably will make the trade. We'll see.

Lol I have been on the fence about it. The plane looks and flys amazing its just not the get down low and slow 3D bird I want. Really just does nice scale stuff though it does do a pretty pop top. I have a guy local that wants it so i may sell it to him. Honestly the funds from selling it prolly wouldnt buy anything RC related anyways. I'm in need of a new work bench and also looking at getting one of those ceiling mounted air filtration systems. Being my shop is in my basement when I run my table saw a lot dust goes all through the house. not that I have a little one in the house I want to limit that and I currently dont have the room for a full shop dust collection system. I will continue to make do with hooking my shop vac up to stuff and get the ceiling mounted unit as it will be out of my way and I have read that they do a great job.

Anyways enough of my jibber jabber I want more build pics of this Cub that is going together.

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Not sure as to the wood type on the aileron stringers so decided to cut my own from medium density Midwest balsa.

Attachments

• 20180216_183756.jpg
    20180216_183756.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 549

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Could use some of my National Balsa if i wanted heavier but 2x4's at Lowe's are cheaper.

I still take a dig at them 10 or 12 years after they sent me the worst order of balsa I've ever received. Worse they wouldn't take a return.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Not sure as to the wood type on the aileron stringers so decided to cut my own from medium density Midwest balsa.
Cool.... Being able to rip/cut your own wood the way you want it must really be a relief. Too many times I have attempted to assemble a kit only to find the wood is way too dry, way too hard to absorb glue well, and way too warped to even use. I always liked Midwest balsa.