• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale Nelitz 1/3 scale Cub build

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
It is some sort of white wood glue and is extremely strong. It's not CA quick but I was worried trying to get the ply piece in the trailing edge.

Last edited:

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
You're moving right along aren't you? Real quick question. With the Gorilla glue setting so quickly, do you have any fears it won't absorb into the wood to make a solid joint?

I like to build just haven't in a few years. This build will take 2 -3 years I'm guessing, some of that will be burnout.

Dangerous glue. It dries so quick it reminds me of thick CA. Had to use a hammer to get the ply strip in the trailing edge the glue was drying so fast.
Have you tried Gorilla, CA , it is not instant as other CA's but fairly quick. I usually will glue with this then set it aside, you can handle it quite fast but I found to leave it for a while for the strongest bonds..

If it's glue I will buy it.
Gorilla-Super-Glue-Bottle.png

BalsaDust

I use bob smith stuff for thin ca but for medium I use either the gorilla glue or titebond brand. When it comes to wood glue I like the gorilla stuff but I as well have found it sets up a little quicker so I normally just stick to titebond II

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
I have also been using Bob Smith CA's. I really like them and they do a really good job. Only problem I have with any glue is the wood in some kits or planes is so hard that it won't hardly absorb the glue. This is where patience comes in handy. LOL

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
I use bob smith stuff for thin ca but for medium I use either the gorilla glue or titebond brand. When it comes to wood glue I like the gorilla stuff but I as well have found it sets up a little quicker so I normally just stick to titebond II
Yes, that gorilla wood glue sets fast. Nice though as construction moves along quicker and it's sandable .

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Bob Smith ca, zap or mercury ca are 3 that I use. Mercury is made right up the street from me but dries in the bottle quicker.