• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale Nelitz 1/3 scale Cub build

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
I fretted about this for a day or 2 and eventually tried an idea. Actually my solution was pretty easy. No way could I overlap this window, the windshield and surface mount everything. So with a Dremel i just free handed a groove in the window pillar and recessed the side window. Better I think.

20231113_190512.jpg

20231113_191317.jpg

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Why mess around, make a pattern of the outline of your dash and drawing of what you want or a photo of the full scale you like and send it off to SAC. That's my 33% Champ dash on their site. Their dashes are about 3/16" thick so make your boot cowl after you get the dash. See how the aluminum overlaps the dash below. Tell them I sent you!
For the Champ I sent them a photo from the three view and they duplicated it.
View attachment 121893

View attachment 121892

I emailed SAC and no response. I guess I will call. Based upon your provided drawings and the cheap screws snapping every other screw I will need to redo my dashboard or get one made.

1700097937250247727680.jpg

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
They responded!. Estimation of between 75 and $150 is wonderful. I am mailing them a template in the morning. Thank you Tony.