• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

New Here? Introduce yourself!

cardenflyer

70cc twin V2
Hey [MENTION=2829]DonQ8401[/MENTION], glad you made it over!

What's up [MENTION=2845]ericb[/MENTION]?

Sweet laser Mr. Jeskey!

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
Welcome to [MENTION=2845]ericb[/MENTION] and [MENTION=2844]TailSpinTommy[/MENTION]! If you guys need anything or have questions let us know!

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
Just joined. I currently fly a 35% PAU Edge and a 30% PAU Edge. Also have a Crack Yak and a DJI FW450 with GoPro.

Nice and now that Herve from PAU is based out of Florida you should get your replacement parts and new airframes quicker! Love those PAU airframes! I saw a guy was demo'ing a 35%'r at Wenatchee and he nailed it into the ground nose first hard from about 10 feet. The structural damage was very minimal which surprised everyone except Herve. They had that thing back up in the air in like 3 hours! It was quite the testament to their engineering for sure.

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
Sending a big welcome to [MENTION=2849]Dad_Roman[/MENTION]! When you get a chance let us know where you fly and what planes you enjoy flying!

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
Wow we have two more to introduce! Join me in welcoming [MENTION=2851]BIRDEMAN[/MENTION] and [MENTION=2850]JoeDotCom[/MENTION]!! Welcome guys. Tell us about yourself like what and where do you fly!

JoeDotCom

New to GSN!
Wow, thanks for the welcome [MENTION=2643]3DMIKE[/MENTION], every forum should have tag ability, so cool!!

I'm Joe, I am in the NW suburbs of Chicago. I am very new to RC, and am trying to figure out what this hobby has to offer. I have been involved in the video industry for 20 years now, and the idea of strapping a camera to a flying device that I can smoothly control sounds amazing.

So far, the only RC gear I own is a pair of Air Hog micro cars that I bought at Goodwill for the kids last week. I am having a blast driving them with the kids and that got me really wanting to try out some big boy toys. I am still trying to figure out if there is a used marked in RC or if buying new is the best place to start. I am primarily interested in multicopters at this point. I am thinking of picking up the BLADE Nano QX to cut my teeth on. I also installed a sim app on my android, and am trying to get my head around the controls (though i think it would be much better w/ real sticks.

I am looking forward to getting involved in the community and hopefully meeting some good guys in the area. It seems like the Chicago area has an active community.

My other hobby is Hi-Fi. I have been pretty active on Audiokarma.org.

We shall see if this new interest in RC has me selling off my sweet stereo gear in favor of toys that move.

Here's a look at some of my Hi-Fi toys. Hopefully I will have some equally sweet RC pictures to show off in a couple of years. :)
rocket2.jpg

SnowDog

Sending a big welcome to @Dad_Roman! When you get a chance let us know where you fly and what planes you enjoy flying!

Hey who let that hoodlum in here?.....no wait....I mean...wow we let someone that old into the forum?....no wait...um....there goes the neighborhood?

Nah, just kiddin, DR is a good friend of mine from the Twistaholics thread (among other places)...and he builds a mean airplane too...and he's an all around good guy to know...welcome [MENTION=2849]Dad_Roman[/MENTION]! :) :flyer:

:grrreat:

ericb

Team WTFO
GSN Contributor
Thanks for all of the welcomes guys. Can't wait to get out and fly again. These highs of -5 are getting old in a hurry. Might need to get to Council Bluffs to do some flying.

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
Wow, thanks for the welcome @3DMIKE, every forum should have tag ability, so cool!!

I'm Joe, I am in the NW suburbs of Chicago. I am very new to RC, and am trying to figure out what this hobby has to offer. I have been involved in the video industry for 20 years now, and the idea of strapping a camera to a flying device that I can smoothly control sounds amazing.

So far, the only RC gear I own is a pair of Air Hog micro cars that I bought at Goodwill for the kids last week. I am having a blast driving them with the kids and that got me really wanting to try out some big boy toys. I am still trying to figure out if there is a used marked in RC or if buying new is the best place to start. I am primarily interested in multicopters at this point. I am thinking of picking up the BLADE Nano QX to cut my teeth on. I also installed a sim app on my android, and am trying to get my head around the controls (though i think it would be much better w/ real sticks.

I am looking forward to getting involved in the community and hopefully meeting some good guys in the area. It seems like the Chicago area has an active community.

My other hobby is Hi-Fi. I have been pretty active on Audiokarma.org.

We shall see if this new interest in RC has me selling off my sweet stereo gear in favor of toys that move.

Here's a look at some of my Hi-Fi toys. Hopefully I will have some equally sweet RC pictures to show off in a couple of years. :)
View attachment 20876

Well we are glad to help you in your endeavors! Any questions you may have just let us know! I know first hand the blade nano is a sweet little multirotor! I flew one several times last week. As far as getting started with new or used gear is more of a financial decision but since your first starting out trying to see if this is something for you I would get with a local club and find an instructor. Most clubs will get you up in the air with a club owned plane and let you fly it with the safety of the instructor and no cost to you!