• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

New Here? Introduce yourself!

Sorry for the very very very late reply. I fly at Rancho San Antonio Space Preserve, and I am planning to fly at PCC in Half Moon Bay. PCC is a private club, so I gotta go to some meetings. Temis (tmsn on RCGroups) flies their. He is a very nice guy!

Sorry Guys, I have not introduced myself yet. My name David Westmorlan and I am a member of the Kennett RC Club also the club's Safety Officer for 3 years now. I have been involved in RC since 1994 starting with planes and then got started in Helicopter's in 2005. My career has been mainly around Aircraft Maintenance from 1996-2001. I spent time in the USMC as an AV8-B Harrier engine mechanic. I did a MEU tour in 1999 for Kosovo and left with three campaign's total for that cruse. I got out and started my civilian aviation career in 2003 at a 145 MRO heavy maintenance repair station. Completed my A&P license certification in 2004 and worked there until September 2012. In January of 2013 I started my current career as a Civilian Contract UAV pilot. I hope that I get the chance to meet most of you at an event somewhere. We have a big 3D Bash event scheduled in September around Labor Day. I will see you there if you are attending.

Dave

SnowDog

Dave,
Thanks for joining us here! I'll be at the Kennett 3DBASH in September, I look forward to meeting you there!
-Mike

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
We've got some members to introduce to the family! Welcome [MENTION=3107]jonesjj[/MENTION] [MENTION=3108]A56[/MENTION] [MENTION=3109]bluelevel[/MENTION] [MENTION=3110]OldBone[/MENTION] [MENTION=3111]retiredflier[/MENTION] [MENTION=3113]aremoore[/MENTION] [MENTION=3114]TFilms[/MENTION] [MENTION=3115]Kennu[/MENTION] [MENTION=3116]Cirvinthewiz[/MENTION] and [MENTION=3118]beccagreasley[/MENTION]! Welcome all and if you would take 2 minutes to introduce yourself with where and what you fly! Vids, Pics get extra points! LOL

jonesjj

New to GSN!
Greetings All, my name is Jeff Jones been involved in RC since 1979, started in helis about 17yrs ago, have settled in to giant scale gas warbirds and electric sport planes these days, sport aerobatic 700 - 800 size helis, based in northern ILL, have been self employed for the last 20yrs.

Hello all. My name is Allan Richardson and I've been flying and building RC airplanes for the past 10 years. I belong to the Derby RC Club in Derby Kansas. I am a new member with the club and the AMA. I retired from Cessna Aircraft Co. three years ago after a 36 year career. I enjoy all RC aircraft and have recently built a couple of profile planes to fly at our weekly indoor fly-in. I am certainly looking forward to participating in this forum as I begin the next phase of my adventure into 3D flight.

Last edited by a moderator:

TFilms

New to GSN!
Hello Fellow Pilots!

My name is Jason and I am new to the world of 3D Flying. I started off flying gliders when I was a teenager took a long break and got into nitro planes two years ago. Now I am sick of the mess and going to jump to gas or maybe electric. My current hangar includes Aeroworks 60/90 Extra 300, Top Flite P51D and Super Skybolt Biplane. Recently bought Aerofly RC simulator to fine tune my 3D skills and thinking that a 65" profile 3D with a 20cc may be a goof stepping stone. Or I could just put a 20cc on my AW Extra 300.

By the end of this year my goal is to be good enough to jump to a 30cc Extreme Flight 78" Extra. with a 40cc Valley View Engine.

If anyone fly's a fun 20cc profile plane let me know which one so I can check it out. Up for any recommendations either way.

That's it in a nutshell.

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
Hello all. My name is Allan Richardson and I've been flying and building RC airplanes for the past 10 years. I belong to the Derby RC Club in Derby Kansas. I am a new member with the club and the AMA. I retired from Cessna Aircraft Co. three years ago after a 36 year career. I enjoy all RC aircraft and have recently built a couple of profile planes to fly at our weekly indoor fly-in. I am certainly looking forward to participating in this forum as I begin the next phase of my adventure into 3D flight.

Greetings All, my name is Jeff Jones been involved in RC since 1979, started in helis about 17yrs ago, have settled in to giant scale gas warbirds and electric sport planes these days, sport aerobatic 700 - 800 size helis, based in northern ILL, have been self employed for the last 20yrs.

Hey guys super glad you found us! If you guys have any questions please feel free to ask! We have a great group of guys here that are more than willing to help however they can!

Attachments

• nonsequitur.gif
    nonsequitur.gif
    143.4 KB · Views: 163