• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

New Here? Introduce yourself!

SteveT.

100cc
I was thinking the same. In another forum, a (presumably old) guy was complaining that foamies had "killed" the hobby and things were so much better when you had to cut your own tree down and chop it up into balsa sticks. I wanted to reply that something has to be dead to have been killed and that the hobby is far from dead. The only problem is that the youngsters are so much better and learn so much faster than us "old" guys. There's a guy (probably 14-15 yo) in my club who started flying an Avistar a few weeks ago. He was doing great, but was clearly a beginner. Yesterday I saw him again. This time with a low wing sport plane and he was doing inverted figure 8s maintaining perfect altitude. After a few weeks of flying!

We're all happy to help you kids, but I'm afraid you'll be the ones helping us soon
!

Yeah.... A few more years, and they'll be helping me across the street!!!

SteveT

gyro

GSN Contributor
Welcome to all the new members! Very happy to see so much diversity in age and skill on this site. I'm also really proud of the way this forums community atmosphere continues to develop (IMO) the right way.

-G

RCAddict16

70cc twin V2
I was thinking the same. In another forum, a (presumably old) guy was complaining that foamies had "killed" the hobby and things were so much better when you had to cut your own tree down and chop it up into balsa sticks. I wanted to reply that something has to be dead to have been killed and that the hobby is far from dead. The only problem is that the youngsters are so much better and learn so much faster than us "old" guys. There's a guy (probably 14-15 yo) in my club who started flying an Avistar a few weeks ago. He was doing great, but was clearly a beginner. Yesterday I saw him again. This time with a low wing sport plane and he was doing inverted figure 8s maintaining perfect altitude. After a few weeks of flying!

We're all happy to help you kids, but I'm afraid you'll be the ones helping us soon!

That was me! I went from a champ to a parkzone spitfire!!!! :D

RCAddict16

70cc twin V2
You guys are sure raising me right ;) be happy, don't get married, buy tons of planes, die happy and be buried with my planes :D :peace:

Hey guys!

I'm Brian Strachan out of Texas.

I have been flying for almost 10 years now and going stronger than ever. I have been competing for 4 and a half years now flying IMAC, 3D and F3A Precision aerobatics. I met Gary (Gyro) at Hucktoberfest in Austin this weekend and learned about the forum. Hope to contribute some and learn a lot!

Thanks
Brian

Last edited by a moderator:

RC Girl

70cc twin V2
Hey guys!

I'm Brian Strachan out of Texas.

I have been flying for almost 10 years now and going stronger than ever. I have been competing for 4 and a half years now flying IMAC, 3D and F3A Precision aerobatics. I met Gary (Gyro) at Hucktoberfest in Austin this weekend and learned about the forum. Hope to contribute some and learn a lot!

Thanks
Briam

Welcome Brian :D