• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

New Here? Introduce yourself!

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
Just sending warm welcomes to some new members that just joined over the Holidays! I hope it's because they got some new 3d goodies under their trees! Welcome @Turfsurfer @ULTIMATE1 @knifeedgespin14 @thesarge7 @cyndmarie @427jimmy @airsick [MENTION=2716]Phil Griffin[/MENTION] @Mg76 @kman240 ! Sorry guys I haven't kept up on the welcomes and have been absent for the past week or so. My wife was sick with the stomach flu and then I got it Christmas morning! I missed all of Christmas..... BOOOOOO!

Hoverin

30cc
Hey all, I was only just made aware of this forum recently on RCG and promptly hightailed it over here. I grew up around RC as the old man was into it from the 60's. Anyone remember the old push button gear and escapements? Anyway I did a little control line and a couple flights of Dad's trainer mid 70's, (once it became proportional that is), then cars n beer n stuff came along so that ended that.

Fast forward to 5 odd yrs ago and I was on the phone to him and he was telling me about these "park flyers". I said what's a park flyer? He told me about the RTF foamy things and I thought that's me, I'm in.
So I spent a year or so crashing foam Cessna's etc then saw a 90 nitro heli where I was flying so that started a couple years of Heli flying and collecting.
I guess somewhere I lost interest and fought it for months only to get up one morning and sell the lot.

I've always had an interest and watching 3D planks so I bought a few cheap aerobats which didn't see much in the first year but has progressed well this recent year. I have to say that 3D flying (or trying) has completely rekindled my love of RC.

Look forward to reading and meeting more here. Great site Guys...:clap:

Cheers Darren.....

SnowDog

Hey there Hoverin! Glad to have you here and hope you enjoy yourself. Hope to hear a lot more from you as you progress in your rekindled love of RC.
Warning: for many of us, the love of RC has turned into an addition of all things 3D and can only be cured by purchasing more/bigger planes! :)
Anyway, welcome aboard!

FlyMike1

70cc twin V2
Hey all, I was only just made aware of this forum recently on RCG and promptly hightailed it over here. I grew up around RC as the old man was into it from the 60's. Anyone remember the old push button gear and escapements? Anyway I did a little control line and a couple flights of Dad's trainer mid 70's, (once it became proportional that is), then cars n beer n stuff came along so that ended that.

Fast forward to 5 odd yrs ago and I was on the phone to him and he was telling me about these "park flyers". I said what's a park flyer? He told me about the RTF foamy things and I thought that's me, I'm in.
So I spent a year or so crashing foam Cessna's etc then saw a 90 nitro heli where I was flying so that started a couple years of Heli flying and collecting.
I guess somewhere I lost interest and fought it for months only to get up one morning and sell the lot.

I've always had an interest and watching 3D planks so I bought a few cheap aerobats which didn't see much in the first year but has progressed well this recent year. I have to say that 3D flying (or trying) has completely rekindled my love of RC.

Look forward to reading and meeting more here. Great site Guys...:clap:

Cheers Darren.....

You just brought back memories buddy. I had flown kites when I was a kid and my father saw how much I liked it so he built me a control line plane with a cox motor. Lets see I'm 44 years young so this was probably late 70's early 80's. I played with helicopters that just went wherever they went, usually up and then straight down and then RC gliders (foam) from toys r us that would lose signal and crash. I didnt stay with the hobby continuously, I had a BlackFoot RC Monster Truck, ClodHopper and the Frog. A few years back I had a couple of Traxis trucks. Now planes and heli's. But just on and off. If I would have stayed in the hobby I would probably have a Company like 3DHobbyshop by now. Now with all the hitec stuff and 3D capable planes I'm here for the long run. Thanks for the memories.

Last edited by a moderator:

kman240

New to GSN!
Hey everyone!...Just discovered this site while doing research into engine sizes and setup combos etc for the 3DHS Extra 330sc 72"which I plan to buy soon.....and it is the perfect site to learn as I am new to RC planes. My father has always been interested and took me to RC shows at the local club when I was a kid and I never forgot it. So last summer I started...first plane 16" Trojan T-28 BNF...flew the hell outta that thing and then bought the Parkzone P-51 Mustang 39" BNF. Next plane...Eflite Edge 540qq 26". That is when I got hooked on the 3D! I still fly that plane quite a lot. However my latest plane is the Precision Aerobatics Extra 260 48" and I really love that plane!! Fly it everyday if I could....but I am running into limitations on where I can fly a plane like that...so I have joined an RC club (same one my father took me to 40 years ago) and decided to have a new plane ready for next spring...the 3DHS Extra 330sc!! Can't wait to get my hands on it.

Funny thing is I was only planning to buy the little Parkzone Trojan 16" and fly it for a couple of weeks and that's it. But.......I GOT HOOKED!!!!! I find RC is extremely addictive in particular 3D because it is always different and you always have a next step to go to! It is also stress relieving for me....when I see that plane heading into the sky I almost feel like I am going with it....don't know what it is but I just can't get enough!!!!!! Best hobby I have ever had!!!!

Well that is my story.......I will probably be asking a lot of questions once I get going on the new plane.....

Thanks everyone!

Kman240

dth7

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
Welcome new members. This is your place for all things RC, 3D and precision. Ask those questions and you will get answers or be directed where to find them. Great stories. We all have been bitten by the bug! That's why I'm headed out New Year's Day for a fun fly in NH with temps in the teens! Another on Jan 26th! I'll post some pics next week when I thaw out!
Again welcome and enjoy.
Daren

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
Welcome [MENTION=2727]Hoverin[/MENTION] [MENTION=2728]jamief1777[/MENTION] and [MENTION=2729]Goofy[/MENTION] ! Glad you all joined this crazy group.
:grrreat:

Need anything let us know!
:peace:

Turfsurfer

New to GSN!
Greetings All,

Thank you for the warm welcome.

I have been reading many of the threads since the summer and enjoy the lighthearted vibe here.

I started flying RC a bit over a year ago. Lots of sim time, foamy outdoors and and some indoor. Joined the local club and am now flying an Extreme Flight 60" Laser.

Best news so far is the shipping notice that came today for a 91" Extra 300.

A lot of 'thanks' goes out to the crowd here as much of the research was done here.

Thanks again and hopefully I can contribute to the community in some way.

Roger

Hoverin

30cc
Thanks for the warm welcome fellas, yes my story seems to bring memories back for some. Ahh the good old days, love it. My control line had a .049 as well. See if I can get a pic, It's at the old mans house across the other side of Aus..
I have to say the vibe on this forum is nothing like anywhere else. Awesome job....
Will post a video soon of where I'm at and hopefully I can get a few pointers to tidy up a bit and ideas on my next moves... I love Cody's 3D turns video, definitely trying these next Sunday.
Regards Darren

Last edited by a moderator: