• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

New Here? Introduce yourself!

dancingr

New to GSN!
Welcome to all the new people that have joined. I joined about a month ago when I had just purchased a TH Crack Lazer Lite. I put the first 10 flights of it's life on it yesterday. I am positive that it flies better than I do. It made me look like I knew what I was doing. It is just a delight to fly. Here is a picture of my favorite aircraft. The little green airplane got a standing ovation at the flying field yesterday. I just had a lot of fun. Fleet.jpg

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
Welcome to all the new people that have joined. I joined about a month ago when I had just purchased a TH Crack Lazer Lite. I put the first 10 flights of it's life on it yesterday. I am positive that it flies better than I do. It made me look like I knew what I was doing. It is just a delight to fly. Here is a picture of my favorite aircraft. The little green airplane got a standing ovation at the flying field yesterday. I just had a lot of fun. View attachment 33679

Welcome [MENTION=3886]dancingr[/MENTION]! Yep I love my TH Pitts and it makes me look better than I am lol!

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
Time to welcome some new members! Welcome guys were are happy you found us and if need anything let us know! Let us know where you fly and what you fly!

Pictures are welcome!
[MENTION=3931]3D Edge[/MENTION] [MENTION=3940]3d71295[/MENTION] [MENTION=3929]AKNick[/MENTION] [MENTION=3916]Big O[/MENTION] [MENTION=3934]candiesjones[/MENTION] [MENTION=3932]closetguy[/MENTION] [MENTION=3936]crazyhorseX[/MENTION] [MENTION=3918]durgaprasadzone[/MENTION] [MENTION=3933]Flightmech[/MENTION] [MENTION=3947]jdog1989lycro[/MENTION] [MENTION=3920]lazerfan1[/MENTION] [MENTION=3941]Parker_KY[/MENTION] [MENTION=3938]PilotMD11[/MENTION] [MENTION=3926]plilliegren[/MENTION] [MENTION=3949]rags[/MENTION] [MENTION=3944]rekit[/MENTION] [MENTION=3924]SlickWillie[/MENTION] [MENTION=3917]terryk6lob[/MENTION] [MENTION=3921]tisul[/MENTION] [MENTION=3919]upsmandan[/MENTION] [MENTION=3937]Westleo[/MENTION] [MENTION=3927]WoNd3RBoY[/MENTION] [MENTION=3935]zebt66[/MENTION]

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
Thanks for the warm welcome 3DMike!

I've been flying RC in Juneau, Alaska for about 15 years, Just getting into gassers and loving it. Been flying nitro and electric for some time now. I restarted our local R/C club about 7 years ago: Gastineau Aeromodelers Society AMA#1573. I'm an Aircraft Mechanic by trade, but would rather fly the little ones (MUCH CHEAPER!!).

Few planes I fly:
-3DHS AJ Slick 540 71" DLE35RA HS-7955TG's on my 5th gallon. Had lots of issues with the DLE35RA, but I believe I'm getting a grip on it now. Just lots of little issues I believe... (Piece of RTV mad it's way under the float needle was the big one... Bad NGK spark Plug (mid range miss & dead sticked it in), Cowl pressure, newbie stuff)
-AJ Laser 230z 73" ON THE WAY!! debating which powerplant. DLE35RA, DA35, VVRC40. Tim Jesky is a great guy to place an order with FYI, Highly Recommended!!
-Mojo 40 55AX and many more.

This seems like a great forum, that is also family friendly so to speak.

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
Thanks for the warm welcome 3DMike!

I've been flying RC in Juneau, Alaska for about 15 years, Just getting into gassers and loving it. Been flying nitro and electric for some time now. I restarted our local R/C club about 7 years ago: Gastineau Aeromodelers Society AMA#1573. I'm an Aircraft Mechanic by trade, but would rather fly the little ones (MUCH CHEAPER!!).

Few planes I fly:
-3DHS AJ Slick 540 71" DLE35RA HS-7955TG's on my 5th gallon. Had lots of issues with the DLE35RA, but I believe I'm getting a grip on it now. Just lots of little issues I believe... (Piece of RTV mad it's way under the float needle was the big one... Bad NGK spark Plug (mid range miss & dead sticked it in), Cowl pressure, newbie stuff)
-AJ Laser 230z 73" ON THE WAY!! debating which powerplant. DLE35RA, DA35, VVRC40. Tim Jesky is a great guy to place an order with FYI, Highly Recommended!!
-Mojo 40 55AX and many more.

This seems like a great forum, that is also family friendly so to speak.

You know one of THE BEST RC Pilots in the world is in Alaska! Not sure exactly where Daniel Holman is and yes I know it's a huge area... [MENTION=1122]danielph[/MENTION] what town are you in?

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
Also on the "73 AJ Laser... @<a href="http://www.3drcforums.com/member.php?u=335" target="_blank">SupaTim</a> is building one for us now and also has the 73" competition scheme which has the VVRC 40cc in it. Here's a vid!

[video=youtube;qt8JSfWExcs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qt8JSfWExcs[/video]

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
I like how it flies with the VVRC40 (out of stock currently), but haven't seen any specs on the over all weight (OAW) of this setup verses a DA/DLE 35 with one servo in the tail. I guy could essential do the math, but it would be nice to hear from folks with these setups and what they had to do to balance them.