• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

new purple orange scheme Pilot-RC EXTRA330SC

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Huge huge huge +1 in the ARC!! As it was explained to me by one MFG it is like carrying another color scheme with regards to replacement parts though. Makes sense but wish they could find a way around that hurtle.

Ohio AV8TOR

Just Do It
Maybe it's not in all of their lines rather just one. If you are willing to cover and paint the first time you would not care the second. Right now Pilot has 6 different color schemes meaning they have to stock 6 different sets of replacement parts. From their standpoint they would have a huge sku reduction of replacement inventory. Just another way of thinking it through.

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
I suppose in this case it would be Chief aircraft to buy and stock the parts. Would be cool if they could do it and even say replacement parts will be covered only, I don't usually require a lot of replacement parts so personally I don't care about those.

jaybird

70cc twin V2
That plane wasn't an ARC, I worked through Chief and had Pilot cover it. Cost extra but it doesn't look like every other plane at the field. Besides, I suck at covering.

3Dchief

70cc twin V2
I would be content with a base covering, make it all white and I'll take care of the rest! I would think it would save the manufacturer to keep it simple, and with today's vinyl graphics, even those that can't/won't cover can have a custom plane. I want an 88 Edge 540, but every manufacturer has decided to put on the most godawful color schemes. I'm stuck with either building from a kit (more $$ than an ARF), buying an ARF and stripping it down to re-cover (add another $200 to my cost), or sucking it up and flying an ugly plane. That's the only thing that has stopped me from pulling the trigger on a new one. BTW, I like this scheme, too bad it's not on an Edge 540!

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Very nice. That is exactly why I wish we could buy these models "without" covering. Hint hint Tony. Back in the 70's-80's all we had was kit building and the positive side of that was everyone had different looking planes not just the same one with different decals.
I so agree.... I would love to get an airframe already built without covering. I love to cover and I would really like to dream up an awesome scheme no one has. Double ya on the hint hint....LOL

3Dchief

70cc twin V2
I'd prefer the regular wheel pants in fiberglass or carbon. Don't care for the look of the Sbach and especially not those wheel pants.