• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

New to giant scale

KoleDeRacer

1000cc
GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Hi guys, i am new here. I just got my first giant scale plane,

At first i did not know what to get but after seeing all the advertisements on other forums i went with the Extra 330L from hobbyking.

For power and reliability i am going with the turnagy 52cc gas engine,

Radio wise i was recommended Orange RX for a solid ling and price.

Servo wise i was going to set up boost tabs do i should not need vey large servos maybe the hobby king standard analog servo. It has plastic gears which should reduce vibration.

For batteries i have some old NiCa battieries my dad uses in the 80s in is ugly stick.

Let me know if you guys have any suggestions.

Oh almost fogot i need to know what the best oil is and what ratio to run it at. I have heard the stuff at the gas station should be fine long as i dont run less then 100:1. really just a capfull to a 5 gallon can to reduce emissions.

Thanks guys!

KD

903=220-EXTRA33050cc-18358.jpg
903=220-EXTRA33050cc-18358.jpg

KoleDeRacer

1000cc
GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Hey Tony i am coming out for a visit on the 18th so be ready. And i mixed astroglide 40:1 seemed to do fine a lot of carbon build up though.

KoleDeRacer

1000cc
GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Yeah bringing Lorne's planes down, and then picking a new trailer up in Georgia. Plan on staying a few days maybe get some full scale flying in ;)