• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

New to giant scale

njswede

150cc
Just make sure you're running all the power through the receiver and feed it through a single servo cable and you should be fine. Also, since the throttle servo doesn't have any real load on it, you can go with a little HXT500 5g servo for that and you'll save a couple of dollars.

njswede

150cc
All joking aside, I've always wondered about that Turnigy 52cc. Does it even run? Has anyone tried it? (No, I'm not in the market for a Turnigy)

njswede

150cc
I'll answer my own question: Here's a video of a Turnigy 52cc (doesn't say in the description, but he's got other videos saying he's got a TGY in it). Listen to it seizing! :)

tylerzx9r

100cc
To make up for the weight problems you might have..... I suggest 3 pounds of lead in the tail too! Happy Landings:msn_slap:

njswede

150cc
Haha! That reminds me of something that happened to me a while ago. While my kids were playing in a park, I saw two guys who were trying to launch a Bixler or similar powered foamy gilder. Since I noticed they seemed a bit, eh, inexperienced, I approached them and was about to offer my help. But, alas, they tried to launch it before I got there. It nosed in immediately. When I picked it up, I noticed it weighed about four times as much as it should. It turned out they had stuffed the tail with large bolts, nuts and even a 3/4" socket. Their reasoning was that since it kept nosing in, it must have been nose heavy. The CG was just in front of the tail feathers. Upon further examination, I noticed the reason it had been nosing in in the first place: The elevator was reversed. I gave them my phone number and asked them to call me next time they tried to launch it. They never called.