• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

New ZDZ112 B2RV / Installation into PAU Edge 540

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Looks like it has more than adaquete power.

Yea, it's doing pretty well considering still rich. High end sounds good now but I'll probably turn the low a tad after the next couple of flights. I did notice that if I fly with only 5-10 minutes between flights it is a little finicky on priming. I set up my TX so that I can give it half or less choke and then turn it off and it fires right up no problem. From cold it starts great though. So it does have a little combination to get used to but nothing like the small ones.

Hope to get out again either this weekend or next week before we leave for another event. I ordered a Falcon 28x9.5 for it today, surprising but the 9.5 gives it just a bit more speed than the 28x9 but still keeps the spool-up.

That's how my OS was, gobs of compression new. Haven't put a prop on the ZDZ yet, but it's tough to turn it over without leverage.

Yea, it's doing pretty well considering still rich. High end sounds good now but I'll probably turn the low a tad after the next couple of flights. I did notice that if I fly with only 5-10 minutes between flights it is a little finicky on priming. I set up my TX so that I can give it half or less choke and then turn it off and it fires right up no problem. From cold it starts great though. So it does have a little combination to get used to but nothing like the small ones.

Hope to get out again either this weekend or next week before we leave for another event. I ordered a Falcon 28x9.5 for it today, surprising but the 9.5 gives it just a bit more speed than the 28x9 but still keeps the spool-up.

Right on. Good info! I really wish mine would show up. Im at the point to where I am gonna put that no good, dead stickin DA 120 on my SC and sideline my 106. So that I have something other than my MX2 to fly. Going from 3 flyable to really 1 flyable bird, well..... its for the birds. Hehehe!! Yes, the SC is flyable with the 106 and the 28x9.5, and maybe I need to spend a bit more time putting a tune up on it, cant really do it in 1 flight. Really need to clean the carb on it too......

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Hope you get something or hear something soon @Bunky.F.Knuckle ! I snuck out Friday for a couple of flights, thinking I could get a solid three flights or so. Followed one older guy into the field and he was flying a park flyer so I waited for him, he crashed and was working on it so I took off. I had turned the low needle one more blade width and it is right where I think I'm going to leave it for several gallons. From super low idle it kinda stumbles like it's lean, from high idle it spools like an electric on steroids. In the air it sounded VERY nice and was pulling very very nice.

I came in close and noticed I was missing a wheel!!:confused: I greased it in nice and slow, no issues at all and the old guy tells me"Nice flight!" and then follows with....... "ya know if you flew that beautiful plane like a normal person the wheels would not fall off." LOL

I think I ground the axle a little too far when I made a flat spot for the wheel collar, or maybe just had a weak axle, no biggie.
New Falcon 28x9.5 showed up today (same as I'm running on my DLE120) and am super excited to try that prop after another 6-10 flights.

ghoffman

70cc twin V2
From super low idle it kinda stumbles like it's lean, from high idle it spools like an electric on steroids. In the air it sounded VERY nice and was pulling very very nice.
You have to love rotary valve engines.

[QUOTE I came in close and noticed I was missing a wheel!!:confused: I greased it in nice and slow, no issues at all and the old guy tells me"Nice flight!" and then follows with....... "ya know if you flew that beautiful plane like a normal person the wheels would not fall off." LOL
[/QUOTE]
That is funny!

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Hi Terry can you please help. On forum no. 34 th e first picture. On the rudder you have a Clevis connecting the threaded rod to the carbon push rod the Clevis is gold in colour. Is it aluminum and where do get them. Thanks for the help, just keep collecting info for the new plane this winter. By the way good write up on the ZDZ engine.