• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Night Flyers, light'em up.

doublea

100cc
Just got back from a couple of night flights. It is always fun stopping traffic on a 55 mph road to look at the little ufo looking thing flying in the air. So guys lets see what u got. Anything with lights and you can fly it at night. Videos good too. :banana-dancing-with

BalsaDust

Working on putting lights on a foamy now. When I get it done I will post up some pics and try to get a video.

pawnshopmike

Staff member
Aurora Micro III kit on my Crack Yak.

10490=3762-image.jpg
10490=3762-image.jpg

BalsaDust

10967=4443-image.jpg
10967=4443-image.jpg

10967=4444-image.jpg
10967=4444-image.jpg

Got mine all lit up. Still need to maiden it at night but that a couple days away.

BalsaDust

Mine came from value hobbies. $4.50 for a 3' long strip and they will run off of a 2-3 cell lipo. I wired mine up using one pair out of a piece of cat5e telephone cable and put an extra JST connector on the ESC and on the lights so I don't have to have them on when flying during the day. Will post a couple pics of the wiring in a bit.

Here's a link to the LEDs. http://www.valuehobby.com/accessories/led-and-night-flying.html