• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Night Flyers, light'em up.

BalsaDust

11183=4490-image.jpg
11183=4490-image.jpg

11183=4491-image.jpg
11183=4491-image.jpg

11183=4492-image.jpg
11183=4492-image.jpg

Here you can see how I wired my lights. First pic is a strip down the nose second pic is the elevator and vertical and the jumper between them and the final pic is my ESC. As you can see I have my main EC3 connector that my battery plugs into and then the two JST connectors for the lights. The one on the ESC is tied into the leads coming from the main battery so the lights are getting full voltage from a 3cell lipo. During daytime flights I will just unplug them. Hope to fly it I. A couple nights to see how hard it is to fly at night.

Also this entire setup added just a little less than an ounce to the airframe so it should make a difference in its flight performance.

doublea

100cc
Have you ever tried using the power for lights through the balance clip. I have been for awhile with no issues. It is less wiring. It also doesnt

Use much flight time.

Do-rag

100cc
[MENTION=879]doublea[/MENTION]; you are going to make me get out the aurora kit and get it installed on my 50cc extreme flight yak.

doublea

100cc
:nodding-yes-by-a-ve:nodding-yes-by-a-ve:nodding-yes-by-a-ve
Do-rag;12129 wrote: [MENTION=879]doublea[/MENTION]; you are going to make me get out the aurora kit and get it installed on my 50cc extreme flight yak.