• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Official Aerobeez Support Thread

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
@Aerobeez, would I be safe in assuming it is the weight that is the difference? Would the DLE 60 twin be a better route, or to short on power? Those are the two engines I have and I would prefer not to have to buy another right now is why I am asking.

Last edited:

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
I personally would go with the DLE60 if you plan on advancing up into 3D flying. The 111 is going to have gnarly power and will require careful throttle management to keep from tearing the airplane apart in more aggressive 3D maneuvers but you should indeed be fine with most other flying, circle, pattern, IMAC..

You won't have the insane power the 111 will give you but it won't rip the airplane apart from repeated abuse.

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
I personally would go with the DLE60 if you plan on advancing up into 3D flying. The 111 is going to have gnarly power and will require careful throttle management to keep from tearing the airplane apart in more aggressive 3D maneuvers but you should indeed be fine with most other flying, circle, pattern, IMAC..

You won't have the insane power the 111 will give you but it won't rip the airplane apart from repeated abuse.
That is what I was looking for, thanks. Turns out, yesterday I fell into an Aeroworks 85cc Yak with a DLE 85cc engine for a steal.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
I purchased a 78 Slick Typhoon from you. Love the orange paint scheme you did on the plane. Have two engines in my draw a DA-35 and a 50. I do need to put a canister on the plane due to the noise rules. Which motor do you recommend. I was thinking of doing a detailed build thread on the plane.