• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

PAU 30% Edge

Phil.Griffin

70cc twin V2
DA ignitions are made in Australia.
The new ignition for the DA-35 has JR/Futaba connector receptacles right on the enclosure, one for the hall sensor, one for the power.
It is also high voltage rated.
For security, I hot glued the connectors so they don't accidentally pull out...

I am soooo glad DA is trending towards HV ignitions...

sweetpea

100cc
I know the one DA ignition I have, I switched the connector. Most people I know do. Hopefully all future versions switch over.

Dan767

70cc twin V2
The connectors are Powerpoles and are well liked among Amateur Radio users (me) and other electronic hobbyists. www.WestMountainradio.com carries them and the tools to install them should you ever want to use them. They aren't cheap and they handle high current very well. FWIW.....

ericb

Team WTFO
GSN Contributor
The connectors are Powerpoles and are well liked among Amateur Radio users (me) and other electronic hobbyists. www.WestMountainradio.com carries them and the tools to install them should you ever want to use them. They aren't cheap and they handle high current very well. FWIW.....
I have used them in the past. They are good connectors, just too large and not enough people use them to be a "standard" plug. Most people just cut them off and use a standard JR type plug.

Tseres

150cc
There is nothing wrong with the connectors that come from DA. I agree 100%. I never said that there was a problem with them. The problem is that you have to reduce that connector to a JR or Futaba plug. That is what our JR Futaba or any other systems come with. So if you have to do that anyway. Why not build it in to begin with?

Astrohog

70cc twin V2
The Anderson Powerpole connectors are actually very good connectors........BUT.......they are HORRIBLE in this application. It is not the connector that fails, rather the wires break due to not having any strain relief. If one were to fill the backside of the connector with silicone where the wire enters, it would last for a very long time. I have had one fail on me (during a low hover) and it resulted in a total loss of my FIRST PAU 50 cc Edge. I have replaced the Anderson connector on every DA I 've had since.

Regards,

Astro

Tseres

150cc
I got the New DA-60 fired up in the Prototype Edge. I presoaked the Diaphragm in the carb 2 days ago but something came up and I didn't have time to start it. I had the time today. Fired on the first Choke flip. The low end was lean and had to be adjusted. This is actual time of how long it took to tune it.

Tseres

150cc
It's official. The Prototype Edge with the New DA-60 is flying again.

It flew great. The power was out of this world. Great Combo. Had 3 flights and everything worked great.

IMG_0630.JPG
IMG_0631.JPG
IMG_0632.JPG