• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

PAU Extra 300sp 50cc

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
As long as it doesn't do what mine did and knock several of the balsa hinge support blocks off inside the wing. It turns out that Aeroworks knocked a few off when they hinged it.:oblong:

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
As long as it doesn't do what mine did and knock several of the balsa hinge support blocks off inside the wing. It turns out that Aeroworks knocked a few off when they hinged it.:oblong:
Thanks guys... I guess if I "core" out the old hinge it would be less likely to fall inside the control surfaces.

Yes, the key for me was to take a hinge to ace hardware and find a brass tube that just allowed it to fit inside. I then sharpened the tip very very steep angle. I then used a dremel and cut four little teeth. Go slowly and let the drill do the work. Here is a picture that Herve sent me as a reference. Mine is similar but longer and I sharpened the outside more. All of my hinges popped through and I had to pull them out with a pliers from the brass tube. If you push too hard while drilling them you will pop it through and may loose it inside the stab or do what jetpainter had.

Attachments

• IMG_0465.jpg
    IMG_0465.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 369

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
I think on mine one of the problems was the blocks were VERY soft balsa, and when drilled cross grain they just broke with the slightest pressure.