• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

PAU Owners Thread

ghoffman

70cc twin V2
First pass at PAU baffles

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 237

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Phil when you got your plane was there extra's in the hardware pack??? I know when I assembled mine there were two sets of screws, one was aluminum and one was steel. I used the steel as per the manual. Mayby they changed since, I dunno.

Phil.Griffin

70cc twin V2
I've actually located one extra bolt. There may have been others, but my shop is a wreck and I've not seen them so far. I'll check this one to make sure it's steel before installing it. Terry, do you think these bolts are something that would be available locally, or only from Herve'?

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
When I used to use those style linkages I always swapped out the mild steel for stainless. Used 3.5 inch socket cap hex bolts. I got them from RTL fastners. Lowes and Home depot have stainless fastners but I doubt they will have what your looking for in stock. I hear a lot of guys like Terry use McMaster Carr. One thing to look for is that the bolt has threads almost to the cap. The 3.5" 8-32 I get from RTL have the threads start 5/8 inch down from the cap. This allows for only threads to protrude through the control surface.

I just went to RTL and he no longer shows 8-32 ss socket caps 3.5" long

Only thing I found was steel 8-32 3inches long. It has been a long time since I have ordered obviously.

Last edited: