• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

PAU Owners Thread

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
I assume this is a private group? It looks like I had to ask to join however I don't do much facebook other than the team JR one.

Yes, I am the administrator so I'll let you right in. Kept it private just to have immediate control of asshats should the need arise. Anyone and everyone is welcome to join even if you want to lurk and take in the awesome!!

rcbobp

70cc twin V2
I just joined 6 months ago, drug my feet forever. Turns out there are a bunch of great groups and it's super nice to communicate with friends that you don't see more than a couple times per year. I'm diggin it, I just don't accept every single friend request that I get because it's not a competition;). I only accept requests from folks that I actually know, or know through other online venues and it keeps it cool just like GSN.:way_to_go:

My problem is that I regularly see people locally whom I would not accept, so that's awkward.

witchfingers

70cc twin V2
I put a single servo in the tail for rudder on my 36 edge and the darn thing keeps shaking. I think the titanium control linkage is too flexible for the size of the rudder. The servo is a hitec 8380 and is not programmable. Has anyone used a single servo successfully on this plane and what linkage did you go with? I can do pull pull I guess but I like the direct connection of the tail servo. Maybe the carbon rod through threaded rod would help. It also seems a little flexible where the servo mounts in the fuse.

crashflow

70cc twin V2
I had a problem with a high tech servo in the tail but I contacted high tech and they sent me a line booster that solved the problem

So I am not going insane, this usually happens with this setup? I have never come across this with my other planes but none of them were this size.
For fear of being branded a basher Hitec servos do have a history of jittering on any surface. I have seen JR and Futaba servos jitter on rudder. The velcro trick usually works for all brands. There is an issue with Hitec servos not clearly seeing the signal from certain Spektrum recievers and Hitec has a signal booster availible for that. But I thought it was limited to the 79 series servos but I can easily be mistaken on that.

witchfingers

70cc twin V2
I am using the a9 radio. I have never had servo jitter and I have used hitec servos on every plane I have built. If this one was programmable I could probably adjust the dead bandwidth and widen it so it would'nt keep trying to center a springy control setup. Once I hold the rudder with my fingers it stops. This only jitters at the center position and not during deflection.