• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

PAU Owners Thread

Bipeguy03

150cc
My 30% Extra gave me a scare tonight, the ignition battery crapped out on take off, and if you know me as soon as I break ground I go vertical and roll.....

Scared the :steamer: outta me when the power went away at about 20 feet!! But I got the nose down and the engine was making enough power to get back safe and sound.

The engine sounded like a car hitting the rev limiter, I was worried the ignition module fried because I had just charged the ignition battery, but when I checked the battery with a 1 amp load it was dead so it's got a dead cell...

Bipeguy03

150cc
Sounds like a tech aero IBEC is in order so you can ditch a battery, switch etc. ;)

Just going to ditch the 6v NiMH pack and get a Fromeco Relion 2600. I originally put the NiMH pack in for CG but after flying it, the CG needs to be moved aft anyway.

I have a Smart-Fly Fiber-optic kill switch in, I like them because there is NO electrical connection between the RX and Ignition. Plus I like the safety of having to turn on 2 switches (one on the TX and one on the Plane) for the ignition to be live.

Just my personal preference :)

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Just tossing that out there. Don't remember the last time I charged an ignition pack is all, so just tossing that out there. This subject can get almost like an oil thread.....they all work if done properly:yesss:

witchfingers

70cc twin V2
Just maidened the edge 36 this weekend and all I can say is wow! No trim needed. I felt like I could enter an IMAC event by the end of the week and do well. The dle 111 performed flawlessly too. Hovers just a little above idle. High alpha/harriers are unreal. This plane is everything they say they are. I am very happy! I will try and get a video uploaded today for you visual peeps.

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
I will try and get a video uploaded today for you visual peeps.

Yea, didn't happen if there is no visual proof:) Just kidding, glad you got it in the air after all you've been though. Hope to see you in Des Moines in a couple weeks. Just made our reservations.

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Good looking plane, I'm glad I got the yellow one this time around. Late night last call flights shows up much better than the red one for me.