• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

PAU Ultimate assembly

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
On 100CC+ models, slapping 3-4oz of lead onto the tail of the airplane to change your balance doesn't add any measurable effect, other than making it more responsive in the tail. It's not such a big deal, and isn't something to really fret over ;) But to each his own... :banana-dance:

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
On 100CC+ models, slapping 3-4oz of lead onto the tail of the airplane to change your balance doesn't add any measurable effect, other than making it more responsive in the tail. It's not such a big deal, and isn't something to really fret over ;) But to each his own... :banana-dance:
No fretting going on here sunshine. When I get done and maiden it, if it need's tail weight I'll add it but while in the assembly stage I prefer to get it as close as possible but also noting the cg range is wide and we all have our flight style preference. So balance close to the center of the cg and make adjustments later.

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
Got back late last night from a very short trip to Georgia/Tennessee. First thing this morning I go to the shop to get busy wrapping this thing up. Open the door and see trim covering dangling, insert bad language here, spent a little over two hours ironing everything again at a little higher temp. Then commenced to making extensions and as of now all the wiring is done except the smoke pump, that is up next. I am looking to get this wrapped up in a day or so. I have a really bad feeling I am going to have to recover this Ultimate by years end. I don't know if it is that old or if it is cheap covering. Anyway, guess I need to get back at it.

Last edited:

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
And now that I have it on the floor for better access I notice the top wing does not close up. This gap will allow movement in flight which would probably damage the wing and or tube. So I will have to make a wedge to fill this gap. Not feeling the warm and fuzzies with this PAU today.

Attachments

• P1090244.JPG
    P1090244.JPG
    245.9 KB · Views: 305

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
And now that I have it on the floor for better access I notice the top wing does not close up. This gap will allow movement in flight which would probably damage the wing and or tube. So I will have to make a wedge to fill this gap. Not feeling the warm and fuzzies with this PAU today.
That is more gap than I would like, that would bother me. I would have to fix because I would not stop looking at it.

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
I made a mini wedge for the wing, just enough to bolt it up, will work on the full wedge over the next day or so. But for now I need to get the throws set and take it outside for a run, then look for a somewhat decent day to get the maiden in.

Attachments

• P1090245.JPG
    P1090245.JPG
    347.5 KB · Views: 369