• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

PAU Ultimate assembly

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
It's mainly older ARF's that one could pick apart. I know one thing. I'm done buying "discount" ARF's and expecting stellar flight performance. And the top shelf ARF's (EF, 3DHS, Pilot, PAU, AJ Aircraft) are all now following a trend of strong, light, CF reinforced construction / airframes. But be confidant that your Ulti is a great solid flyer. Looking forward to your Maiden.
I'm not the one picking anything apart. I have only had one ARF that I not only picked apart but stomped it apart, it was the most wickedly nasty piece of cheap junk ever made. The rest of them have been pretty good, yea one here and there may have it's own little quirk but take care of it and move on. I use to not like ARF's but am rather enjoying them of late.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
I'm not the one picking anything apart. I have only had one ARF that I not only picked apart but stomped it apart, it was the most wickedly nasty piece of cheap junk ever made. The rest of them have been pretty good, yea one here and there may have it's own little quirk but take care of it and move on. I use to not like ARF's but am rather enjoying them of late.

Stomp? I never did that before :dancing-chicken::rolleyes:

Rusty 73

100cc
Ace I did get one of the first Extra from the new version in 2016 .As you can see in the photos the thread weren't cut all the way down . I replace all turnbarrels with hanger nine . The play i was talking about is the sleeve that fits into the clevis which had play to prevent sloop in the linkage . I did spend a few hundred dollars in linkage replacements something Herve looks to have improved on the new version of the 300lx Extra .
Funny thing about the wheels I replaced mine with white rose and found that I needed more rolling resistance from original wheels .

Attachments

• IMG_2661.jpg
    IMG_2661.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 413
  • IMG_2692.jpg
    IMG_2692.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 378
  • IMG_2695.jpg
    IMG_2695.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 355

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
Ace I did get one of the first Extra from the new version in 2016 .As you can see in the photos the thread weren't cut all the way down . I replace all turnbarrels with hanger nine . The play i was talking about is the sleeve that fits into the clevis which had play to prevent sloop in the linkage . I did spend a few hundred dollars in linkage replacements something Herve looks to have improved on the new version of the 300lx Extra .
Funny thing about the wheels I replaced mine with white rose and found that I needed more rolling resistance from original wheels .
I just ran a tap into it, links bottom out now. The wheels fit just fine and will stay until they start the wobble then a set with bearings will go in. The tailwheel I am not sure about as it looks good but very light, time will tell with it also, I also have a backup for it. I don't toss what look's to be ok until it tells me other wise and so far with several ARF's a lot of the products that appear cheap are holding up fine.

Rusty 73

100cc
The tail wheel spring are very light and don't retain there shape . I'm replacing the tail wheel carriage with a direct link to the rudder and order a stiffer set of springs from J&J tailwheel . Just bolts on to the carbon fiber arm .

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
The ignition is in, the throttle servo is in, the choke will be a simple rod out the front. The fuel tank is plumbed and installed as well as the Tech-Aero.
Would have got more done but been sidetracked and half of tomorrow is already taken. But on a good note, I may have sold five of my smaller airframes. We'll, they were claimed and we shook on it, we'll see tomorrow whom brings the cash!!

Attachments

• 21.JPG
    21.JPG
    310.3 KB · Views: 383
  • 22.JPG
    22.JPG
    310.9 KB · Views: 351
Last edited:

Rusty 73

100cc
Is there no hatch cover for behind the engine , could have some hot engine air getting into the fuselage during flight .

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
The engine and exhaust is buttoned up, the pull-pull installed. Now to get the wings on, install the struts, and tighten up the cabane. That will be followed by balancing and placement of batts and Rx, then start cutting some wiring.

Attachments

• 20.JPG
    20.JPG
    296.5 KB · Views: 376
  • 21.JPG
    21.JPG
    253.2 KB · Views: 349

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Coming along nicely not much more to go. Couple of weeks and it should be ready to fly. I know that you do not have assemble your planes at the field but how does this look like to assemble it at the field if you had to.

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
This one will be an assemble at the field plane, long story short it will take about five minutes to assemble.