• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Peak Models 32% Extra 330 SC

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Don't laugh to hard at the plane tap dancing. I purposely left the wings off and used a concrete surface to maximize the noise being produced. Once I get it to the grass field and no surroundings to reflect noise I'm sure ground noise levels will be subdued even more. Should sound great in the air!

Kelly, I'm very impressed. That is quite the setup.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Sounds good!

I ran my Carf Extra with a GP61 that's mounted sideways with no wings on the first start up. I thought the thing was going to roll over it was dancing around so much.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Looking forward to Saturday. See if I can get some good High Def vid of it in the air. Like I told Kevin at Jtec this muffler system will work well with a single 60cc and wrap around header too! The 80 / 90 cc singles would probably need a little bigger diameter can. I'm stoked:).

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Got a couple of flights on the plane today after Kitchen Bitchin for the crew at the club meeting today. Whew I was just flat wore out and my flying surly showed it so no vid of that crap. Do have a short vid of sound comparison with another DA70 and 2 n 1 header with canister. Did not meter performance Just a sound comparison of the two together

I will say the plane was extremely quiet in the air! It would have no problem flying at Jo Nall this year. I also like the exhaust note much better too. Still sounds like stock in cowls with that nice beefy deep tone but subdued and quiet.

And let me also mention Kevin and Al did a great job manufacturing this muffler. Welds are excellent and the bead polished aluminum is extremely attractive. I had them make the can end caps thick as to get a good set of threads in them for the mounting straps I made from mild steel.

Now that the muffler issues have been put to bed on to correct the incidence of the stabs. Yes my flying was:dancing-poop:today but I did have some help. Also there is not enough right thrust built in to the motor mount. Plane becomes extremely unstable when trying a 3 point landing and wont stall clean.

Last edited: