• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Peak Models 32% Extra 330 SC

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
All joking aside Kelly....I am really happy and very excited for you. You've been needing a little sumthin sumthin. I am really looking forward to you getting this ole' girl assembled and airborne. Preferably "NOT" from the starting table. (You knew I was going to go there huh?)

By the way, how did you talk them into sending you another Purple Pilot Edge Canopy?

That is the original canopy...lol...I put the 25% edge there too for reference.

Dimes, the ARF looks great at this point.

Regarding the included fuel bottle, is the lid aluminum or plastic? Same for the fitting, is it a separate piece?

Fuel bottle comes built as shown. Cap is Aluminum. Fittings are metal. Appears to be plated brass.

Do you know if those tanks are any thicker than a fourtitude tank?

Do not know??? This is the first tank of this type I have ever had. The clear plastic corners are VERY sturdy. Very hard to crush.
The wall thickness is stronger than a plastic water bottle....Way stronger.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
And I want you all to know I think this fuel tank is promotional. I was not expecting it but going back to the website it is being advertised included with 50/60cc planes.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
And I want you all to know I think this fuel tank is promotional. I was not expecting it but going back to the website it is being advertised included with 50/60cc planes.
scratching-head-smiley-emoticon.gif
Hmmm...... They look cool at any rate. Promotional or not. These are the ones Chad will be carrying soon. Getting really anxious to give them a try.

10358570_882510335141050_7849926528719465385_n.jpg

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
OK....Everything is unpacked and going over things I have damage to the canopy. It is some minor cracks to the plastic on the right side towards the front. One of the retention dowels poped loose as well. The gas tank is promotional as you can see the stock tank is in the fuse. Will post a pick of the canopy as soon as it shows up in my email. Every thing else is complete and in good condition.

So.....Truth.....Three things that were found not to be satisfactory....
1) Damage to left stab mounting tab.
2) Damage to landing gear cover.
3)Damage to canopy.

I want to point out also some pluses at this point.

1)Covering is tight and wrinkle free.
2)Paint is chip free and lines are smooth and align well with covering.(except as damage noted)
3)Pre glued hinges have blocks installed for more surface adhesion.
4)Hardware is complete and very durable.
5)Construction is solid. should hold up to violent G force maneuvers.
6)Completely encloses the DA70!
7)It came with a cool gas tank!
8) IT'S FRIGGEN BIG!

Photo342.jpg

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Snapshot_20150428_1.JPG
Snapshot_20150428_2.JPG
Kelly how difficult is it to get them to replace canopy?
Donnie I am going to have to find out. I will email them and see what needs to be done. The box was pretty much "undamaged"
But I could tell it had the "usual" tough handling of the carriers. I find it odd that the canopy was damaged on the side that is "inside deep" and not the side that was next to the "wall" of the box. Every plane I received from them previous had no damage.
I am actually considering just fixing it!

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Your not supposed to remove the cap!!! Now it's ruined......better send it to me.

Sorry Terry for being slow. I'll get the template to you, or in the mail rather, today. Looks as if the depth needs to be only 3/8".

The tank is ruined????????? I don't know WHYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!