• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Peak Models 32% Extra 330 SC

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
OK! The flight report.......

Sunny blue sky North South runway winds West S.West 5-10mph gusting to 15 occasionally and a chilly 53 degrees 40%RH.

First off.....The DL50 performance rebuild with air filter is AWESOME! Was running a tad rich on LS needle HS needle allowed peak rpm 6800 static. Would rip the Xoar 23x8 Sword (high load prop) in the air.
Plane flies exceptionally well....No rudder trim needed. 2 clicks left aileron and 1 click down elevator. Ended up using 2 clicks down elevator to land because the nose wants to stay up and it wants to stall the left wing tip even when carrying moderate landing speeds. Just like the V1 so I will be visiting the stabs again. CG seemed to be dead neutral in flight. would carry a inverted 45 for quite a distance. Looks like I may move the 8oz weight further forward over the engine. Roll was axial and knife edge was dead on perfect. No coupling. just held the rudder stick and left the ele/ail alone. DL50 had NO problems hauling this 21 pounder :).

My landing SUCKED but I had a dead cross wind and possible cg/stab issue. Nothing fancy to see here. But boy do I like the vid because me plane is ONE piece. Oh! did not have the right thrust issue that was present in the V1! Yaaaaaa!

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Here is the re-Maiden of the V1. You can see how much better it lands after adjusting the stab. I also added 8oz of weight in the motor box in it. Before I go messing with the stab on this V2 I am going to move the 8oz further forward to see if that helps the tip stalling characteristic . The V2 knife edges better and has no right thrust issue I had In the V1.

pawnshopmike

Staff member

Sunny blue sky North South runway winds West S.West 5-10mph gusting to 15 occasionally and a chilly 53 degrees 40%RH.

First off.....The DL50 performance rebuild with air filter is AWESOME! Was running a tad rich on LS needle HS needle allowed peak rpm 6800 static. Would rip the Xoar 23x8 Sword (high load prop) in the air.
Plane flies exceptionally well....No rudder trim needed. 2 clicks left aileron and 1 click down elevator. Ended up using 2 clicks down elevator to land because the nose wants to stay up and it wants to stall the left wing tip even when carrying moderate landing speeds. Just like the V1 so I will be visiting the stabs again. CG seemed to be dead neutral in flight. would carry a inverted 45 for quite a distance. Looks like I may move the 8oz weight further forward over the engine. Roll was axial and knife edge was dead on perfect. No coupling. just held the rudder stick and left the ele/ail alone. DL50 had NO problems hauling this 21 pounder :).

My landing SUCKED but I had a dead cross wind and possible cg/stab issue. Nothing fancy to see here. But boy do I like the vid because me plane is ONE piece. Oh! did not have the right thrust issue that was present in the V1! Yaaaaaa!

That color scheme is growing on me bro. Looks pretty nice out in the sun. With the right graphics I think it will really pop. Nice job re-building the DL. Sounds smooth and strong.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!

Now see??? Whatidid I tells ya? If you'd use one of my props likes I sajested, ya'll wouldn't have had to get on your knees. The knees are for.... well, you know.
hearty-laugh.gif

Plane flies great and that fity sounds awesome. Way to go. Very happy for you.
hand-clapping-smiley-emoticon.gif

I really like the scheme much better now too. I agree with @pawnshopmike. I wonder how it would look on a big 330? Lol
double-thumbs-up-smiley-emoticon.gif

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
That color scheme is growing on me bro. Looks pretty nice out in the sun. With the right graphics I think it will really pop. Nice job re-building the DL. Sounds smooth and strong.
Now see??? Whatidid I tells ya? If you'd use one of my props likes I sajested, ya'll wouldn't have had to get on your knees. The knees are for.... well, you know.
View attachment 100691
Plane flies great and that fity sounds awesome. Way to go. Very happy for you.
View attachment 100692
I really like the scheme much better now too. I agree with @pawnshopmike. I wonder how it would look on a big 330? Lol
View attachment 100693

Thanks guys:way_to_go:. Yes the plane did look exceptionally good in the sun and blue sky! Me likey now berry berry much. Will be tackling the CG and or stab issue this week. Also need a new CF tail wheel bracket because of that first bounce and go :ugh:. It fractured the CF and bent up the tiller a bit. Rest of plane is perfect though:). Nothing Else cracked, popped, jolted, broke, bent, scuffed, marred, dinged, and or damaged :attaboy:.

And yes I am EXTREMELY pleased with the DL50. I now know it will pull out of a hover off the deck just fine. Just need some stick time and burn some gas to get back to some form before I really start doing shenanigans with it. Like I said I want to keep this one for a bit :yesss:.

The DX8G2, AR9140T and 5 BLS H50B's performed flawlessly unlike my landing. 0 holds 0 fails and 0 frame losses on all 4 Rx's. Consumed 330Mah's of the two 3000Mah (6000 total) packs. Hmn......used "330" How about that? lol.

And yes Rob even though it's tough getting on or off me knees these days they still work great for when I pray!;) (Please let this engine start).

1210172016-00.jpg
1210172019-00.jpg
1210172018-01.jpg