• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Peak Models 32% Extra 330 SC

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
:on_the_go: Looked at the video again that is one good flying plane but I cannot believe the length of your runway. It is long enough so that you could land an aeroplane at full throttle...?.....?

Other than the poor stall characteristic on landing the plane is an exceptional flyer for a 21 pounder with a 50cc engine :).

Yes Bruce's runway is long and a great place to fly :). Land at full throttle? The only place I know of where the planes land with going to full throttle is a carrier flight deck or a commercial heavy with thrust reversers. I would not attempt or recommend landing a model at full throttle either. Just take off:on_the_go: ;).

pawnshopmike

Staff member
Other than the poor stall characteristic on landing the plane is an exceptional flyer for a 21 pounder with a 50cc engine :).

Yes Bruce's runway is long and a great place to fly :). Land at full throttle? The only place I know of where the planes land with going to full throttle is a carrier flight deck or a commercial heavy with thrust reversers. I would not attempt or recommend landing a model at full throttle either. Just take off:on_the_go: ;).

Oh come on Kelly. Where's your since of adventure?! And get that chit on film.:yesss:

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Do not think you can blame a plane for bad stall characteristics it is 50cc plane and it is weighing 21 pounds. That is on the heigh side for that size plane. But I must say do not know the wing area or loading. But that 50 cc is doing well for that weight, what prop are you running on it.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Do not think you can blame a plane for bad stall characteristics it is 50cc plane and it is weighing 21 pounds. That is on the heigh side for that size plane. But I must say do not know the wing area or loading. But that 50 cc is doing well for that weight, what prop are you running on it.
:big_yes: I CAN!:laughing:

50cc plane is an understatement. This plane is quite large and would qualify as a larger 60cc/70cc plane. Manual says 1465sqin WA and a WS of 89" length of 88" and flying weight of 16-17lbs (Ha). I measured the wing span and mine is 90 and 1/8" SFG's off length 87" with a
6 1/4" long spinner. Weight 20 pounds dry with a canister/header and a pound of additional weight to get it to balance at recommended cg.
If you want to calculate actual wing loading here is your info...Wing- 90" span, 21"chord @ datum, 10.5" wing tip length. 20 pounds weight.

Engine swinging a 23x8 Xoar Sword. When engine breaks in should turn it 7000 to 7200 in nice weather. I did measure the thrust with my scale earlier and it said 37 pounds.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
:big_yes: I CAN!:laughing:

50cc plane is an understatement. This plane is quite large and would qualify as a larger 60cc/70cc plane. Manual says 1465sqin WA and a WS of 89" length of 88" and flying weight of 16-17lbs (Ha). I measured the wing span and mine is 90 and 1/8" SFG's off length 87" with a
6 1/4" long spinner. Weight 20 pounds dry with a canister/header and a pound of additional weight to get it to balance at recommended cg.
If you want to calculate actual wing loading here is your info...Wing- 90" span, 21"chord @ datum, 10.5" wing tip length. 20 pounds weight.

Engine swinging a 23x8 Xoar Sword. When engine breaks in should turn it 7000 to 7200 in nice weather. I did measure the thrust with my scale earlier and it said 37 pounds.
Have to agree with you on that one 88 wingspan is very big for 50cc most 50cc planes that I have built over the years have all been between 80 and 82 inches. That is definitely a 60 to 70cc size plane. But even so you still have wing cube loading of 10.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
20 pounds dry? Mere child's play.:lol2:

I flew this with 90" span at 21.75 pounds dry on a DA50 with a can.

2.3 Extra 330Lsmall.jpg

Then there is this fat girl with a 90" span at 24.14 pounds dry with a DA50 and a tuned pipe. It's not a 3D plane, but you still need to land it.;) The last time out I got it a tad slow on landing and it dropped the right wing. Luckily I was only a few inches off the ground.

20171001_102404_resized.jpg