• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Peak Models 32% Extra 330 SC

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
With all the rain, humidity, severe lack of sunshine for the past couple of weeks I have not been able to get the final clear coat on the cowl. Hope to have it done by Wednesday next week for cool dry air and sunshine is in the mix! I am also going with some in cowls from J-tec. The 2 n 1 was just a tad on the noisy side of things when punching the throttle or high speed flight. Ground noise was acceptable but once in the air it wants to roar. I have also been thinking of leaving the scheme as I have customized it. Will get pics of it with the vents in the cowl as soon as I can. Maybe some Futaba, Fasst , Team Futaba stickers and a white "DA70" for the cowl sides. I am liking the "Plane Jain" approach on this models scheme. I so often would look at my 104 and the vinyl package and think.......What is going on here.....What have I done.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
@49dimes I finally got to try my 89 slick with the da 70 and it come in at 17.4lbs man talk about stupid power and they say it won't come alive until I reach 2gal of fuel and I have less than 12oz at this time hehehehe

Yes Sir reeeee! Insane right out of the box! And once I finally get a couple through mine I'm wanting to try a 26x8th Mejzlik.

Flyingjon

70cc twin V2
I'm running a 25x8w falcon on mine and it literally rips that thing. I'm wanting a 26x8 or 25x9. I am running ES pipes on mine though.
I know lots of guys run a 25x8w on stock muffs though too. I'm afraid a 24" would scream like a banshee. [emoji3]

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
No way a 24b vess will be enough when its broken in, I have my doubts on a 25x8W falcon

Don't have doubts about the 70 and falcon 25x8w. Swings it like the DA 120 swings the 29x9w. Instant acceleration. I personally am " not" enjoying the "over" performance of the Falcons bolted on to the DA's as I thought I would. I want to try a 30x8th and as mentioned 26x8th for the 120 and 70. I'm hoping for a much smoother throttle response in the "2 or 3 clicks" range and not going full military power from just touching the stick lol. Just remember....I have serious range of motion issues and set my throttles where hover power is between 30 and 40% stick and full power at 60% stick. For I would not be able to have decent rudder inputs associated with throttle inputs.

emtp275

100cc
Don't have doubts about the 70 and falcon 25x8w. Swings it like the DA 120 swings the 29x9w. Instant acceleration. I personally am " not" enjoying the "over" performance of the Falcons bolted on to the DA's as I thought I would. I want to try a 30x8th and as mentioned 26x8th for the 120 and 70. I'm hoping for a much smoother throttle response in the "2 or 3 clicks" range and not going full military power from just touching the stick lol. Just remember....I have serious range of motion issues and set my throttles where hover power is between 30 and 40% stick and full power at 60% stick. For I would not be able to have decent rudder inputs associated with throttle inputs.
This is the exact reason I went back to my 24b stealth after trying the falcon 24x9 on my DLE 61 I like smooth power and slow and low flights and I could tell the falcon was geared more around energy and speed maybe great for some but i just cant keep up with it LOL

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Well....I do have an update. I shot off an e-mail to our good friends @ Jtec Radiowave to see if they would custom build a pitts muffler for the 2 n 1 header. This would be PERFECT for the plane. It would look similar to the rear exhaust pitts mufflers they have in production. The inlet flange would be substituted with a 25mm inlet tube.

muffler.jpg