• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

PILOT 37% Edge 540 (107") BUILD

Drew

70cc twin V2
OK, got one of these showing up Monday and figured I would start a little build thread on here. I ordered the Blue/Black/Silver Carbon Fiber ARF and cant wait to start building. Here is what I will be using:

DA100L stock mufflers on Falcon CF 27x10
4titude 32oz tank
High Voltage on all servos
HS-5625MG servo for throttle
2 JR 8611a servos per wing
JR 8711 servos on elevators
HS-7980TH on Push-Pull for rudder
Fromeco badger switch for ignition
Fromeco Wolverine switch on 2 Turnigy Lipo's 7.4
2 Futaba 8ch RX's
JEM Fuel Dot

More to come...........:bouncy:

Drew

70cc twin V2
Received my Edge yesterday UPS. They managed to damage it a little, but nothing to serious. Ive pretty much got everything I need minus a SWB servo arm for rudder and most extensions which I will measure for after all electronics are installed. Last night was pretty much just verify all parts and make sure everything fits. Main wing tube was perfect, but stab tube was almost to tight to install. Both tubes were covered in CF dust, so a little clean up with alcohol did the trick. Here are a few pics.......more to come.

Here is the damage, easy fix.....
SAM_0269.jpgSAM_0267.jpg

Drew

70cc twin V2
Awesome elevator throw........
SAM_0262.jpg

SFG's included......
SAM_0263.jpg

Nice main gear, pants, and tail gear.....
SAM_0264.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Drew

70cc twin V2
Not much done last night, my 2 year old tends to occupy all my time. Got the wheels on, main gear mounted, and rudder horn installed. Few pics......

Main Gear
SAM_0277.JPG
SAM_0273.JPG
SAM_0272.JPG
SAM_0271.JPG
SAM_0270.JPG

Rudder Horn
SAM_0274.JPG
SAM_0275.JPG
SAM_0276.JPG

Drew

70cc twin V2
Soon enough, soon enough.....If I had a week straight of no kids, no wife, and no work, I could finish...lol :thumbup:

gyro

GSN Contributor
Sort of... I've tried organizing the site with all the build threads in one place.
I'll move this thread there, and what I recommend is creating a separate discussion for the airplane in the Pilot-RC forum.