• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

PILOT 37% Edge 540 (107") BUILD

Drew

70cc twin V2
Managed to get the motor mostly done as well.

First, sanded and pinned firewall where manual says to place it. Drilled the motor holes that are already marked from Pilot for the DA100.....

SAM_0293.jpg

Then I mounted cowl and measured from firewall to end of cowl to figure out what length stand off I need. You need to use standoffs and not mount the motor flush since the mufflers would hit the firewall. I found I needed a little more then 1/2". So I used a hole saw drill bit and made some plywood standoffs combined with washers on both sides......

SAM_0298.JPG

SAM_0292.jpg

SAM_0300.jpg

SAM_0299.jpg

Drew

70cc twin V2
After that, put the cowl completely on and check alignment.

SAM_0302.JPG

SAM_0307.jpg

SAM_0308.jpg

Then, strip it down and install blind nuts.......

SAM_0310.JPG

Good thing about pinning the firewall is its easy to get it back where you had it. I then take it all apart and epoxy it all up. After 24 hours of drying I will come back and add the supplied tri-stock in all corners for strength as well as mount the top and close it off.......

SAM_0311.jpg

Swatin Flys

New to GSN!
After that, put the cowl completely on and check alignment.

View attachment 4888

View attachment 4889

View attachment 4892

Then, strip it down and install blind nuts.......

View attachment 4890

Good thing about pinning the firewall is its easy to get it back where you had it. I then take it all apart and epoxy it all up. After 24 hours of drying I will come back and add the supplied tri-stock in all corners for strength as well as mount the top and close it off.......

View attachment 4891

Your build is looking good. I look forward to seeing more.

Drew

70cc twin V2
Finished off the firewall today. Mounted the top and added the included tri-stock. I use thick CA to glue it in then run thin CA into all voids and kick it till it wont take anymore. Its very strong.

SAM_0330.JPG

Also got the included throttle servo mount installed. I use thick CA as well as screws with blind nuts to secure it.

SAM_0331.JPG

I removed the pull pull rudder servo tray since I wont be needing it, which weighed about 2 ounces. Then I built up a floor to go over it with light ply for my receivers. I use a rubber grommet to feed the wires in so its nice and neat when complete.

SAM_0332.JPG

SAM_0337.JPG

SAM_0351.jpg

Drew

70cc twin V2
Final install of engine, ignition, ignition battery, and throttle servo.

I built a little plate for the ignition to mount to which came out great.

SAM_0355.jpg

SAM_0356.jpg

SAM_0359.jpg

SAM_0357.jpg

SAM_0353.jpg

SAM_0354.jpg

SAM_0358.JPG

And finished up my rudder link.

SAM_0360.JPG