Welcome To GiantScaleNews.com

GSN is the BEST in an RC online community. Less corporate BS and more down home fun. Better conversations with REAL RC'ers. Don't settle for the biggest when you can have the best!
  1. If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Pilot 40% 330 Recover and Build

Discussion in 'Giant / Scale ARF Build Threads' started by stangflyer, Nov 28, 2017.

1. stangflyer

stangflyer I like 'em "BIG"!

That's the plan. :way_to_go:
  2. 49dimes

49dimes Damn I'm hungry

Getting there! And of course your covering work is impeccable :).
    stangflyer likes this.
  3. stangflyer

Aww shucks. Yer jus sayin' that. Thanks...
    49dimes likes this.
  4. I like what you've done so far and am quite sure I will like what's to come. Keep at it!
    49dimes and stangflyer like this.
  5. HRRC Flyer

HRRC Flyer GSN Sponsor Tier 1

Is it just me or are any of you guys not getting notified of thread updates? I ask because I have not received any updates on this thread in quite a while. The only time I have seen any posts on the previous page is just now, not to mention this page. . . . . :face-palm:.

Hey Rob, the big Extra is going to look AWESOME, Buddy. . . . . :yesss:.
    49dimes and stangflyer like this.
  6. stangflyer

Maybe check your settings to follow thread. I know I don't get updates if I have not selected threads to follow. So I made it easy on myself. I follow "ALL" of them. Lol
    Thanks... I think the 330 will look pretty cool when done.
  7. stangflyer

Speaking of covering.... I managed to pull off three hours after work to do a little more covering.
    Bottom of the left stab/elevator. Lines drawn and time to make the white colorful.
    First stripes going on...
    All stripes on...
    And now next to the right stab/elevator assembly...
    20180219_215528.jpg 20180219_215628.jpg
    And as it will look on the plane...
    20180219_215917.jpg 20180219_215943.jpg
    Once again it's that time to find my comfy bed. More tomorrow fellas. Thank you all for staying tuned in.
    Snoopy1, acerc, Jetpainter and 3 others like this.
  8. stangflyer

No covering the last few days fellas. Had to make a real "REAL" quick trip to Portland last night to rescue my daughter. And of course, Today I just had to...maiden the Twisted Hobbies Edge. What a neat little p.o.f. LOL. Back to the covering in a few days.:way_to_go:
    HRRC Flyer, dhal22 and 49dimes like this.
  9. stangflyer

Hey everyone... had to make an emergency trip this week to Portland to rescue my daughter, (This you already know), yesterday I repaired all the damage from her little encounter with the evil snow. And so back to the 330 recover. It is sort of a pity this covering is going bye bye. It's really in pretty nice condition.
    20180225_094512.jpg 20180225_094553.jpg
    As with all wing recovers, I remove the top first.
    Once the top is removed,
    off comes her bottom covering. And now we have bare bones.
    20180225_105131.jpg 20180225_105236.jpg
    Now is the time for inspection and repair anything that looks questionable. Other than a few scars and gouges from the factory, no damage to the wing panel at all. I will however be making a modification to the wingtips. I don't care for the aileron not being flush with the wing tip to make accommodations for the s.f.g's.
    So I will add 1/4" balsa stock to the end of the aileron to bring it flush.
    I don't use side force generators and the finished look is much more appealing.

Ok, that's the right wing "scalped". Before I start covering I will also go over the entire surface and spot in a little balsa filler where needed.

Now however, time to strip the left wing panel.
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2018
    Jetpainter, acerc, Snoopy1 and 3 others like this.
  10. Pistolera

Pistolera HEY!..GET OUTTA MY TREE!

While you're in there, GREAT time to install some tip lights!!!:fist_pump:
    stangflyer and 49dimes like this.