• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Pilot RC 122" Extra 330SC

Joe Hunt

150cc
We look kinda homo... genized... with the new one :twins: , that's all I'm saying. haha

To me, you and I, or me and you, haha, are saying to the peoples... you don't have to make it all perfect, but if you do you might find you like it. I think your servo cases will last longer without distortion, hence your gear trains will last longer, and that your plane will have more equal drag during rolls, which means more axial rolls. And, to me, we :twins:, haha, seem to be in alignment on those points. :way_to_go:

Joe Hunt

150cc
20151026_231942web.jpg

More graphics from P1 Hobbies. :sneaky:

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Not to interrupt the thread Joe.......just FWIW.........Seems the Hi-Tech's have some quality microprocessors on their boards and as @Xpress said very powerful motors. And obviously it shows in the price point. But.......I believe a good servo can tell you if you got really good processor chip set in your transmitter! Case in point......A few years ago I decided to combat inflation and higher priced servos by going with a particular brand that I know matched up very close to Futaba. Particularly the BLS 157's. These servos at the time of purchase where not cheap but not a wallet burner. Today they are cheap and can be had for 60 bucks. I had originally set them up on my EF 104 ailerons as 2 servos to a channel with the old Futaba 10c transmitter because I was amazed how linear they where to one another and centering was the closest to one another better than any servo I have ever used. Required little or no sub trim to get them mechanically aligned with the arms and control surface hardware with the 10c transmitter. Well being that I looked a gift horse in the mouth I went and got the 14sg and left the servos in the same configuration that I had with the 10c. Big mistake!......It took only 2 flights to destroy the gear trains on the aileron servos where they had previously about 36 flights with the 10c. I believe now why the 10c costs more than the 14sg.....Better chip set!. I will be getting the new 18sz and understand it shares the same chip sets the 18mz has. Now I have gone and put all the aileron servos on their own channels with the 14sg and all is looking very well but I have only 5 flights on them so far.

Joe Hunt

150cc
I will be getting the new 18sz and understand it shares the same chip sets the 18mz has. Now I have gone and put all the aileron servos on their own channels with the 14sg and all is looking very well but I have only 5 flights on them so far.

Hey Dimes! Yeah, usually it is best to just bite the bullet and start with a fresh model under those circumstances. We spend so much time wrenching and so little time flying that it is understandable that we don't always take the time. :) And, yeah, I am looking forward to an 18SZ, too! I ordered one from P1 Hobbies when they were still in stock at Tower but Nolasco missed the boat. :msn_slap: So, I have to wait until the next batch comes in. Looking forward to the 18SZ, though! I wish I would have missed the boat on this 7018sb... this thing is a disappointment. :very_angry: