• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Pilot RC 122" Extra 330SC

Joe Hunt

150cc
My inclination was to cut out the two inboard servo holes... but I talked myself into the far inside and far outside... for more durability in freestyle. :sneaky:

20151027_214301.jpg

Joe Hunt

150cc
th

I prefer deck screws. But all my servos are rated for 1.21 jigawatts. :D

Square drive or phillips? haha I see a H9 Suk in your avatar... I need some deck screws to hold on that cowl! How'd you work that out for more than 5 flights? One of these days I'm going to get back to that plane (I bought new pink, white and blue covering to recover in a different scheme, and wanted to work out better cowl and hatch attachments)... or just sell the airframe locally, any takers? haha Great flying plane!

Yea the cowl is a rather problematic area. I use large rubber washers on both sides. It does help. I plan on laying some extra fiberglass on where the holes are with some metal or thin wood to try and keep the vibrations from egging out the holes. Loctite is a must also.

Oh, Torx drive. It is what separates the men from the boys. especially when the torx slips from the screw and dives into your flesh. very refreshing.

Joe Hunt

150cc
Yea the cowl is a rather problematic area. I use large rubber washers on both sides. It does help. I plan on laying some extra fiberglass on where the holes are with some metal or thin wood to try and keep the vibrations from egging out the holes. Loctite is a must also.

Oh, Torx drive. It is what separates the men from the boys. especially when the torx slips from the screw and dives into your flesh. very refreshing.

I thought about bringing up Torx. haha

Yeah... I was thinking the same... laying up some glass. I was thinking of glassing on some steel washers, but my glassing buddy told me it would't work... but what does he know? (a lot actually, haha) Maybe lay up some carbon fiber cloth?

Joe Hunt

150cc
Nolasco at P1 Hobbies sent me another sticker, the Fromeco wings. Looks kinda cool next to the DA wings me thinks:

20151028_152425.jpg