• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Pilot RC 122" Extra 330SC

Joe Hunt

150cc
Still way impressed with the Hitec brushless servos. Here I'm running them on one Fromeco Lith-ion pack through a Futaba 7018sb RX.

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
2 on stabs (one each) has kinda become the norm but in the center hole if they have one. Some only have two slots and neither are ideal for a single in those large elevators.

Last edited:

Joe Hunt

150cc
2 on stabs (one each) has kinda become the norm but in the center hole if they have one. Some only have two slots and neither are ideal for a single in those large elevators.

This is what most people are telling me. And, I did run just one 9380 on each elevator half on the AW 122" Yak55m... and had it out on the 1-3/4" hole location on a 2" arm. And, it was solid while flying. But, I'm having a hard time with this still. haha I just feel a lot more comfortable knowing that there is a second hard point and linkages. I hear all you guys, but seeing one servo on an elevator half that has 55 degrees of throw on a 122" plane worries me. Maybe eventually I'll get used to it... but it's going to take some time. :gnashing:

Spats

100cc
This may sound strange but watching the way Gabby and others fly 100cc I would want two on each of those stabs but on a 40% I don't fly fast enough or see many fly fast enough with it to really matter I don't think.

Joe Hunt

150cc
I hear ya'... and I have accepted two per aileron and rudder... that wasn't easy coming off of running 5 back in the day. Here's a shot of my Votec:

votec_55.jpg

:epic: