• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Pilot RC 122" Extra 330SC

Spats

100cc
That is some good info, right there! Okay, my favorite saying is "a word to the wise is sufficient." So, I won't run the tires! haha Toss the balljoints, too, huh? Okay, I'll replace them with DUBROs. I've had some offbrand ball links snap in two, but never a DUBRO. Was looking forward to not doing any plumbing (crazy Smok'n Joe McBride took my H9 Sukhoi included fuel tank out of the box and didn't inspect it or anything and is running it in his Carden DOD :O lol). But, okay, I'll put together another PSP/Fiji tank. :) Slightly tailheavy? With a DA-170 on the nose would you go push/pull on the rudder instead of pull/pull? Probably going 2 servos per elevator half, as well (four elevator servos total). With four elevator servos would I be tailheavy enough with pull/pull? Did you run the DA-170 on RE3 pipes? Joe (is everyone in my life named Joe? When the phone rings if I say, "what's happen'n Joe?" I'll have the name right 90% of the time! haha) doesn't have a 180 for me. :/

I have done two in the tail push/pull and that's what I prefer, still comes out nose heavy though. I have only used cans but without cans I still need some weight in the tail. I use one servo per stab, never needed more with a 500oz servo but 4 helps with the weight back there.

thurmma

150cc
Those look cool, really cool with that little brake on there painted the color of your plane. Ha! They're a little heavier than DUBRO TLs, right? I can't remember... help me, I'm old. haha Pricey too, right? But, they look nice.

I do believe they are a touch heavier than the Dubro's, but they are sexy :) Yes they are more cash, but with as much as I fly, I felt just not having to switch out wheels all of the time was a worthwhile trade off. Plus, when the bushings do need replacing, 8 bucks plus shipping and I have good wheels for another couple of years.

As for the tail wheel height, I believe you are correct. They don't sit as tall as some of the other vendors. I think Vern is leaning more towards the IMAC arena where we don't do as much of the harrier style landings.

Joe Hunt

150cc
I have done two in the tail push/pull and that's what I prefer, still comes out nose heavy though. I have only used cans but without cans I still need some weight in the tail. I use one servo per stab, never needed more with a 500oz servo but 4 helps with the weight back there.

Okay, I will go push/pull on the rudder in the tail, with four elevator servos in the tail... that might do it! That's six extensions running back there, too... that's some weight. :)

So, you never tried the DA-170 on tune pipes on this model? I'm hoping it will be enough since you know who doesn't have a 180 for me. haha :)

Thanks for your help, brother!

Spats

100cc
Okay, I will go push/pull on the rudder in the tail, with four elevator servos in the tail... that might do it! That's six extensions running back there, too... that's some weight. :)

So, you never tried the DA-170 on tune pipes on this model? I'm hoping it will be enough since you know who doesn't have a 180 for me. haha :)

Thanks for your help, brother!

I will be enough. It just won't have a quick pull out is all. Many guys fly a 170 on them.

Here is a picture of our two largest tail wheel springs. The largest one lifts the back of the airplane six inches off the ground which is more than adequate for a nuclear harrier :) If you go to our web site you will see "drawing and dimensions" below each of our tail wheels. If you click on this a pdf file will download that has all the necessary dimensions for all our tail wheels, aint the internet great ;)

Attachments

• compare big springs S.jpg
    compare big springs S.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 348

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
I've been very interested in this particular plane. The scheme is very pretty. I've been told it flies amazing and like @Spats pointed out, the most stable harrier plane out there. Seriously looking at the 100cc version as a replacement 'frame for the PAU 300. If it flies "anything" like my 260, I'm in for sure.

Joe Hunt

150cc
Here is a picture of our two largest tail wheel springs. The largest one lifts the back of the airplane six inches off the ground which is more than adequate for a nuclear harrier :) If you go to our web site you will see "drawing and dimensions" below each of our tail wheels. If you click on this a pdf file will download that has all the necessary dimensions for all our tail wheels, aint the internet great ;)

There you have it! Thanks, Vern!